Best Civil War cartoon ever!

PlowKing

Corporal
I'm sure that someone probably posted this before, so I apologize, but it's just too funny, and made me appreciate the cartoons of my youth!

No worries, PlowKing. Some will think it hilarious and some will be offended. It's the nature of the beast.

Ole

I knew it was going to be Yosemite Sam before I even clicked. Silly, but I laughed. It's just a cartoon.

My theory is that it works as long as Sam is taken as a deliberately exaggerated bit of nonsense that happens to be a "Confederate" here. The instant one starts thinking of it as even vaguely representative of anything, it fails.

My theory is that it works as long as Sam is taken as a deliberately exaggerated bit of nonsense that happens to be a "Confederate" here. The instant one starts thinking of it as even vaguely representative of anything, it fails.

I don't think that millions of us who saw that cartoon as a child thought of it as "representative" of any broad historical or political thought. Sheesh......lighten up.

I don't think that millions of us who saw that cartoon as a child thought of it as "representative" of any broad historical or political thought. Sheesh......lighten up.

I am lightened up. I find it funny (don't recall if I saw it as a kid or not, but my fondness for Bugs Bunny has been around since then).

Just that if one DOES take it seriously enough to actually think of Sam as a Confederate, it stops being funny.

It was an observation about Nate's comment that it is "too wrong" - if you can just enjoy it as "Sam gets humiliated by Bugs", its a classic. And should remain so.

Have you ever seen Rocky and Bullwinkle do "Barbara Fritchie"? That's pretty funny too. Bullwinkle is Barbara, the flag becomes her Union Suit (red longjohns), and Boris Badenov is Jackson ("It's Stonewall Boris, hah you all" in a Russian accent).

Have you ever seen Rocky and Bullwinkle do "Barbara Fritchie"? That's pretty funny too. Bullwinkle is Barbara, the flag becomes her Union Suit (red longjohns), and Boris Badenov is Jackson ("It's Stonewall Boris, hah you all" in a Russian accent).

I KNEW there was another funny Civil War one--Was this a Mr. Peabody time machine cartoon? (I know the main characters appeared in them) Wish there was a whole CD with those Mr. Peabody cartoons--I'd use them every day.

I KNEW there was another funny Civil War one--Was this a Mr. Peabody time machine cartoon? (I know the main characters appeared in them) Wish there was a whole CD with those Mr. Peabody cartoons--I'd use them every day.

No, just Bullwinkle doing his poetry reading on "Bullwinkle's Corner." "Shoot if you must this old grey head, but spare my Union Suit, she said."

And without anything to actually get upset over, too.

There are racist cartoons from back in the day, but this isn't one of them.

Having crossed that Mason-Dixon line a few days ago, the lush green lawn does in no way represent how it looks right now. It is plum dry! Carrots would be limp in Western Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas

Back