Best Christmas Memory

Cavalry Charger

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
I'm guessing a lot of us have at least one very specific or special Christmas memory. This thread is for people to share their favourite Christmas memory :smile: I'll start.

I was probably about 6 years old, and Father Christmas featured large in my life at the time. In the lead up to Christmas, my mother and I were out shopping and walked past a group of stores, one of which had a tiny cooker/stove in its window that lit up when it was used. It had tiny pots and pans to go with it, and even had plates with food that were infused with aromas! I loved it from the moment I saw it, and wished with all my heart that I could have it. My mother obviously noticed how taken I was with it, but never led me to believe that such a special gift could be mine. I tried not to hold out any hope of ever receiving it. Imagine my surprise when on Christmas morning I discovered Santa Claus had indeed taken notice of a little girl's heart's desire. I will never forget that Christmas, because something I thought I would never possess suddenly became mine :smile:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
Imagine my surprise when on Christmas morning I discovered Santa Claus had indeed taken notice of a little girl's heart's desire.
What a good Mama! :cloud9: That's a fantastic memory.

I'll have to think about my answer. (I had a similar surprise with my parents when they gave me a kitten at the age of 9. Man, I was over the moon! But that wasn't for Christmas technically.)

Cavalry Charger

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Well, being Jewish, I didn't start celebrating Christmas until Daniela and I were married. :smile: One of my favorite Christmases was in 2008, when my son was just a month old. Couldn't have asked for a better present!
So true, Adam :smile: That must have been an extra special Christmas to celebrate, and the most precious gift of all :wink:

Forgive the syrupy-ness of this answer, but I would say one of my favorites was back in 89'. I had just starting dating my future husband around Thanksgiving. By the time Christmas rolled around, I was blissfully in love, and all was right with my little world. I think this has colored my opinion of the holidays since then. This time of year will always have that bit of magic for me.

Cavalry Charger

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Forgive the syrupy-ness of this answer, but I would say one of my favorites was back in 89'. I had just starting dating my future husband around Thanksgiving. By the time Christmas rolled around, I was blissfully in love, and all was right with my little world. I think this has colored my opinion of the holidays since then. This time of year will always have that bit of magic for me.
I love your little love story, LoriAnn :smile: Love will always make Christmas special. So glad you shared that special memory with us here :smile:

Those are some beautiful presents. And look at that baby's hair!!! :cloud9: Boy, if you could bottle that and sell it, you could walk out of work and never look back.
No kidding, Lori! At Daniela's last ultrasound, we could see his hair floating back and forth as he finished baking. :smile:

The standard statement when people first saw Bennett during his first year was, "Look at all that hair!" I almost had a onesie made that said, "Look at all my hair".

No kidding, Lori! At Daniela's last ultrasound, we could see his hair floating back and forth as he finished baking. :smile:

The standard statement when people first saw Bennett during his first year was, "Look at all that hair!" I almost had a onesie made that said, "Look at all my hair".
  • daniela
  • his
whatever it is i want some
smilie_girl_220.gif

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)