Best Camera for Battlefield/ rennactments pictures

101stmp

Sergeant
I am looking to start Civil War photography of battlefields and reenactments and was wondering what camera are used by everyone as the pictures are very nice and of good quality. I have a basic sony one and it more of a pocket camera. Any info will be very helpful. And sorry for my spelling in my post thread i cant fix it.

I have a Canon 60D and a Nikon D80. Both are good, except the D80 is pretty out dated. Photography isn't all about the camera. It's just a tool. Seeing a nice picture and saying it must be from a nice camera is like eating some good bread and saying it must be from a nice oven. A good camera is really helpful and without one you can only go so far, but a professional can do more with a point and shoot than a novice could do with a top of the line DSLR.

I used to have a Canon DSLR, a XTi I believe, but it was lost in an accident. Am hoping to get a replacement at some point, the T4i looks like an amazing piece of tech!

Those nikon D300 and D800 are a pretty penny mt155 but i seen your pictures and it looks like there worth every penny.

It really depends on how involved you plan on going with this hobby. In my experience the better the equipment the easier life will be. What is also important is to get some novice training if you haven't already. You can learn from trail and error but the rewards come faster if someone shows you how.

Those nikon D300 and D800 are a pretty penny mt155 but i seen your pictures and it looks like there worth every penny.
The D300 was from hurricane Ike over time and the D800 is because I have the best wife in the world. She surprised the you know what out of me this past Christmas. Hard part is, I won't make it to a CW battlefield until March.

Nikon d5000 but anything with a good zoom will do good for you...Its really the photographer that makes the difference you can get great shots with any camera. The best peice of advice that I got from a national journalist was to look at pictures that really grab and awe you.. Then take some time to examine them and figure out what about them makes you feel that way, then try to capture some of that in your pictures.. If you can do that, then they type of camera you have doesn't matter.. I've seem off the shelf point and shoot cameras take images just as good as the highest end digitial cameras..Lot of the great images you see were also post processed using photo shop or other imaging programs..

Thanks for looking. You have done great work with textures. I've tried to do a few of those but they just don't look right to me.

Thank you!!! Well I learn a little more each time I attempt it. I really enjoy giving them a vintage feel. Again thank you very much!!!

Back