Bermuda Hundred Bermuda Hundred Campaign

General Casey

First Sergeant
I've been interested recently in the Bermuda Hundred Campaign with hopes of writing a campaign study. I have Backdoor to Richmond by Robertson but not Schiller's book. I know Savas Beattie put out one in their Emerging Civil War series and the History Press has one in their Sesquicentennial Series. Anyone have other suggestions for books? I have Army of Amateurs by Longacre coming and his book on the 9th New Jersey who fought during the campaign.

I've been interested recently in the Bermuda Hundred Campaign with hopes of writing a campaign study. I have Backdoor to Richmond by Robertson but not Schiller's book. I know Savas Beattie put out one in their Emerging Civil War series and the History Press has one in their Sesquicentennial Series. Anyone have other suggestions for books? I have Army of Amateurs by Longacre coming and his book on the 9th New Jersey who fought during the campaign.

The Emerging Civil War title has been delayed multiple times it is still not out. Their books tend to be broad overviews, they will not have the detail that Robertson or Schiller do.

I grew up in that area, you listed all the books that I am aware of about it. I would recommend picking up Schiller's book, you can buy it used on Amazon, it won't be cheap.

The Emerging Civil War title has been delayed multiple times it is still not out. Their books tend to be broad overviews, they will not have the detail that Robertson or Schiller do.

I grew up in that area, you listed all the books that I am aware of about it. I would recommend picking up Schiller's book, you can buy it used on Amazon, it won't be cheap.
I didn't realize the Bermuda Hundred Emerging Civil War Series book is not out. I thought I remember seeing it on Amazon and now it's unavailable. Anyone know what's going on with it? The History Press one runs around 153 bucks on Amazon, which seems very odd to me. I've been contemplating buying the Schiller book.

I didn't realize the Bermuda Hundred Emerging Civil War Series book is not out. I thought I remember seeing it on Amazon and now it's unavailable. Anyone know what's going on with it? The History Press one runs around 153 bucks on Amazon, which seems very odd to me. I've been contemplating buying the Schiller book.
I had it on pre order and amazon kept telling me it was delayed.

You can get schiller used for under $50

Does anyone have a picture of the Willett house that was part of the Chester Station battlefield? There is an older looking white home that is right behind the CWT marker for the battle, and trying to figure out if that is the Willett House or not. I have not been able to find a picture of it anywhere.

The back issue on The Bermuda Hundred Campaign at Blue & Gray Magazine is still available for purchase on their website. They are having a 10% off Christmas sale until 1/5/2021 too.

I have been recently reading up on the problem with General Butler and General Gillmore when the Tenth Corps was transferred to the Army of the James. The information was in the Official Records, Volume 36. three parts. I would be interested to hear of that particular incident concerning the failure of one of the assaults.
Lubliner.

Sorry I have been away for a few weeks, a lot going on. I wanted to include in this thread now some videos etc that help you see the area if you have never been to it before.

First up is a walking video at Ware Bottom Church

Next is a tour of Garland Dodd Park at Point of Rocks, which still has earthworks, great views of the water and was the location of Fort Zabriske

Back