1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

Bentonville to spotlight Civil War medical care

Discussion in 'Medical Care of the Civil War' started by CMWinkler, Mar 13, 2017.

1. CMWinkler

CMWinkler Brigadier General Moderator Forum Host

Bentonville to spotlight Civil War medical care

This month’s program at Bentonville Battlefield includes a ticketed evening program on Civil War medical care. BENTONVILLE BATTLEFIELD
    FROM NEWS RELEASE

“The groans of suffering men … enough to unnerve the strongest men and to start tears from the hardest heart.”

So wrote the Rev. L.W. Earl of the 21st Michigan, about the moans of the injured and dying men at the home of John and Amy Harper in March 1865. The Union Army’s XIV Corps had converted the Harper home had been converted to a field hospital. The Civil War had come to the Harpers’ front door.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/johnston-county/article138146378.html#storylink=cpy

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. JohnW.

JohnW. First Sergeant

I wish I lived closer...anything pertaining to Civil War medicine has got my attention.

J. Horace and lelliott19 like this.
  4. lelliott19

lelliott19 2nd Lieutenant Forum Host Trivia Game Winner

Thanks for sharing this event @CMWinkler

There seems to be increased interpretation of Civil War medicine going on at battlefields these days. It's certainly a topic in which I am very interested and, I suppose, an engaging topic for the average battlefield visitor. Thanks again for sharing the info.

J. Horace likes this.
  5. J. Horace

J. Horace Private

Article that Smith saved about Bentonville:

Bentonville news article.jpg

lelliott19 likes this.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)