Beloved Bride

jenna

Cadet
I just received a copy of "Beloved Bride" by Bill Potter, which is letters written by Stonewall Jackson to his wife Anna. Very interesting so far, and highly recommend it. I knew that Jackson was a deeply religious man, but the letters he wrote really show what a deep faith and love he had of God, and how very much he was a "man" and not just a legend. Very good so far. And for those that love to read diaries and letter, I would highly recommend it.

Jenna

Thanks for posting this, Jenna. I 'm definitely going to have to get a copy of this one. I enjoy reading the actual letters and diaries too and lately I haven't been able to find any. Beloved Bride sounds like it will be a great addition to my Civil War library.

Go to civilwarstandard.com and you can find it there. That's where I got my copy. And I also look forward to reading Mary Chestnuts, which I got for Christmas, as well as Mrs. Robert E. Lee's diary. Both look so interesting. It's just getting past the Victorian dialog that sometimes it hard to read.

I also recommend: A Woman's Civil War, which was written by Cornila Peak McDonald. Very very good! It has been updated a bit so the reading is a bit easier, but the things she went thru. She was a very afluential lady of Winchester, VA and her husband rode in the cavalry as part of Jackson's Shenendoah Valley campaign. Very good read.

Back