Recent Find Before And After

If y'all remember @redbob and I made a road trip to PA to pickup a cannon last fall. Well after 3 plus months I finally got it restored. I field stripped it, sanded all the wood down and applied a 1/6 inch coat of marine epoxy, then sanded that, primed and painted. All the hardware was removed wire brushed, primed and painted. I had to get a prolong rope, the sponge & rammer chain and ear plates. I made the ramrods, sponges, wormer and trail pole. Then put it all back together. Well today I finished it. Going to try and test fire it on Wed and will be sure to take and post video

View attachment 390340View attachment 390342
View attachment 390343View attachment 390344
View attachment 390345
View attachment 390346
View attachment 390347
View attachment 390348
View attachment 390349
View attachment 390350
Wow, nothing but wow

My neighbor across the street was for many years a French and Indian/Revolutionary War reenactor. He has a small artillery piece he used at demonstrations and things. One day he needed to test it so he rolled it out into the driveway and nonchalantly shot it off. No projectile but we didn't know that. The thing was pointed at our house! Scared the heck outta me.

Is that a bad thing?
No not at all, cause they do look nice. We have since moved the propane tank, and added a deck out there with more flower beds.
738422A7-559C-495F-A8ED-9EBED7776348.jpeg

Back