Beaver Creek State Park Reenactment in Pioneer Village 2018 pics/videos

Belle Montgomery

Sergeant Major
Beaver Creek me umbrella rain.jpg

Despite the rain and cold on Saturday and the much smaller turnout then before the reenactment went pretty well! It actually let up right before the battle but then got worse after. Had to cancel Sunday's reenactment. In fact, the pics with the heavy leaves on the ground are actually taken by the sponsors at another time but I wanted to show you just how beautiful Pioneer Village is! However the rain kept me mostly inside manning my display in the huge barn. :banghead:

I FORGOT TO ADD they have the "surrender tree" from John Hunt Morgan on display in the mill...but hubby's phone flash failed inside!!!!I posted a separate thread with a you Tube video showing the tree display at 7:49

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

Mrs. V

First Sergeant
Despite the rain and cold on Saturday and the much smaller turnout then before the reenactment went pretty well! It actually let up right before the battle but then got worse after. Had to cancel Sunday's reenactment. In fact, the pics with the heavy leaves are actually taken by the sponsors at another time but I wanted to show you just how beautiful Pioneer Village is! However the rain kept me mostly inside manning my display in the huge barn. :banghead:

Nice! There were several things cancelled locally because of the rain, one a dressage show! It is currently raining absolutely vertical! We will have some very wet kids on Monday if this keeps up..

Belle Montgomery

Sergeant Major
@rebed19th @Seduzal -I just posted a thread with a video that included the John Hunt Morgan surrender tree they have displayed inside the mill. He surrendered only 12 miles from there in New Lisbon Ohio! Flash failed so I used a video from You Tube to show the tree display-comes in at 7:49 in the video.

As I went through the photos, I was thinking, "I hope Belle picked Lincoln's pocket." :giggle: Half hour later he's all ticked off, "Great horn spoon, where's my wallet?!"
It's his own fault! My Confederate money is now worth pig slop and I couldn't pry any info from him! My flirtation was to no avail considering he's so true to that "crazy minded" wife of his!:rofl:

Last edited:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)