BBC Documentary - American History's Biggest Fibs: The Civil War

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

rbortega

Private
Here is a link to a fascinating documentary I watched recently about the Civil War. The documentary is the second episode of a three part series hosted by British historian Lucy Worsley called American History's Biggest Fibs. The documentary covers different aspects on how the Civil War is remembered today. Among these are Lincoln and Emancipation, The Lost Cause, and Confederate monuments.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x73cnst

Belle Montgomery

2nd Lieutenant
Here is a link to a fascinating documentary I watched recently about the Civil War. The documentary is the second episode of a three part series hosted by British historian Lucy Worsley called American History's Biggest Fibs. The documentary covers different aspects on how the Civil War is remembered today. Among these are Lincoln and Emancipation, The Lost Cause, and Confederate monuments.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x73cnst
Thank you! I LOVE Worley's documentaries! :D

John Winn

Captain
Well I don't know. While she did seem to relish taking some polish off of Lincoln's story she mistook casualties as deaths (saying 51,000 died at Gettysburg) and said the war was over when Lee surrendered. I'd think somebody who claims to be an historian wouldn't have made those types of mistakes.

Kurt G

First Sergeant
I started this , but when she said 51,000 men lost their lives at Gettysburg I had to take a break . To that point there was nothing new .

Arioch

Sergeant
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
consider the source....If the 'Beeb' tells me it's raining outside...I'm still sticking my head out the door to look for myself....hired 'historian' or not....

The British press often still can't resist / stop sniffing at the 'illiterate colonists'...tut, tut, tut....