battlefield gun repair

Sparks, is that a repro lock assembly? Looks like it is in addition to the lock screws. Your pics are fuzzy. I may be wrong with my assumption however. What's the condition of the bore/barrel, especially down at the bottom at the breech? More pics in good focus please. I don't know if I would trust that stock. Not sure if I would touch it off at all....

Yes the lock is a pedersoli. I bought the stock at an auction a few years ago for $25. It had all the furniture so I thought it was a good deal.I couldn't bring myself to stripping it for parts so I decided to repair/ restore it. Pics are from a IPad. I have better pics on my camera. I'm not worried about the stock splitting. I have repaired other stocks like this one. I used T-88 epoxy and wood pegs so the patch is stronger than the wood around it. I have a new barrel for it as well.It will have no collectors value and it's value is in the parts. It survived over 150 years so I thought it was worth saving...

Additionally, The stock had a partial tag that said Mueller (the best we could tell) I'm sure at one time when the tag was complete it had enough info on it to be documented. I live and bought the stock in Indiana. That's all I know. The stock was broke in three places and the trigger guard bent as well.I would say it was used as a club, but that's my opinion.

Well, have fun with it in any case!! Hopefully the Pedersoli lock fits snug into the stock (but not too tight) along with the new barrel. Does this new barrel have the sights on it? If you intend on shooting it, don't count on the barrel sights being dead on. That's when the fun time begins, making your own necessary adjustments. When I was a member of the N-SSA, one of the qualifying targets for 3 band musket was a clay pigeon at 50 yards on a cardboard backer and another was a 8"by 8" clay tile hung by a wire at 100 yards.

Back