Miniatures Diorama Battle of the Wilderness Diorama.

Rick Richter

Corporal
My first attempt at building a diorama was approx 15 years ago when I found a tree root whilst digging in the garden. I thought at the time it looked like a miniature tree and after just finishing a book about the battle of the wilderness I decided to build a diorama around it.
I set myself a challenge of building from scratch 4 figures in different poses, paint them and try my hand at groundwork.
View attachment 342349
View attachment 342350
View attachment 342351
View attachment 342352
View attachment 342353

Fantastic !

JPChurch

First Sergeant
Nice work with the root!!!...….when I used to grow asparagus, once the plants got real tall past harvesting, I'd let them grow and spread out. The clippings make great diorama additions after you trim them out as you see fit. Then give everything a spray of your color of choice, then sprayed again with a rattle can of flat clear acrylic sealant. It dries up and stays good forever.

Last edited:

rebel brit

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Nice work with the root!!!...….when I used to grow asparagus, once the plants got real tall past harvesting, I'd let them grow and spread out. The clippings make great diorama additions after you trim them out as you see fit. Then give everything a spray of your color of choice, then sprayed again with a rattle can of flat clear acrylic sealant. It dries up and stays good forever.

Nice idea, I'll bear that in mind

A. Roy

Sergeant Major
Forum Host
My first attempt at building a diorama was approx 15 years ago when I found a tree root whilst digging in the garden. I thought at the time it looked like a miniature tree and after just finishing a book about the battle of the wilderness I decided to build a diorama around it.
I set myself a challenge of building from scratch 4 figures in different poses, paint them and try my hand at groundwork.

Very dramatic -- amazing that you built these figures from scratch!

Roy B.