Miniatures Diorama Battle of the Wilderness Diorama.

rebel brit

Captain
Forum Host
My first attempt at building a diorama was approx 15 years ago when I found a tree root whilst digging in the garden. I thought at the time it looked like a miniature tree and after just finishing a book about the battle of the wilderness I decided to build a diorama around it.
I set myself a challenge of building from scratch 4 figures in different poses, paint them and try my hand at groundwork.
IMG_4302 (2)x.jpg

IMG_4304x.jpg

IMG_4304ax.jpg

IMG_4303ax.jpg

IMG_4304bx.jpg

You are very talented. Can you tell me how you build the figures from scratch.
I started off bending some wire into a rough pose , I then built the body and limbs on it using Milliput (a plumbers putty) which is a 2 part putty which when mixed together will harden. This was 15 years ago and I now use a product called Magic-Sculpt .

Really nice! The figures flow together, meaning they interact with each other.

And the use of groundwork can't be understated.
The model railroad hobby has helped us by developing grass and other modeling materials that can be used in groundwork, but sometimes a walk in the woods is all that's needed to find things that can be used in decorating a base.

From personnel experience, I know that rebel brit is an excellent skulpturerer, and I'm not surprise that his painting abilities are just as good.
A nice addition to our forum.

Back