Sayler's Creek 1.jpg

Sayler's Creek 2.jpg

bdtex

Major General
★★ Sr. Moderator
Silver Patron
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018 Vicksburg 2019
Good read and thanks for posting those articles. I must admit that reading about those last battles in 1865 is still a bit difficult. The end was so close. Sailor's Creek is on my list of places to visit.

Lubliner

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
I thought Major Basinger had been captured due north of Southside Railroad at a church just east of the Deep Creek line? This is not far outside of Petersburg, and happened possibly on the third or fourth of April. Am I mistaken?
Lubliner.

Jamieva

Captain
Forum Host
Good read and thanks for posting those articles. I must admit that reading about those last battles in 1865 is still a bit difficult. The end was so close. Sailor's Creek is on my list of places to visit.

It's kind of a hidden gem. It's in the middle of nowhere in rolling country. The state of VA runs it and they have been doing some landscaping and burn work to try to restore some of the vistas back to 1865 levels.

Jamieva

Captain
Forum Host

bdtex

Major General
★★ Sr. Moderator
Silver Patron
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018 Vicksburg 2019
It's kind of a hidden gem. It's in the middle of nowhere in rolling country. The state of VA runs it and they have been doing some landscaping and burn work to try to restore some of the vistas back to 1865 levels.
I have had the website bookmarked for some time. It's been on the list awhile. I heard it was a gem.