Battle of Prairie Grove

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
At the next Civil War Round Table the speaker will discuss the Battle of Prairie Grove. This is not a battle I know much about. Is there anything I can do to help me bone up on the battle? I only have a couple weeks so could maybe read one book. I could also read a few Civil War magazine articles instead. I am of the opinion that military operations in Arkansas are not high on many Civil War buffs interest list.

At the next Civil War Round Table the speaker will discuss the Battle of Prairie Grove. This is not a battle I know much about. Is there anything I can do to help me bone up on the battle? I only have a couple weeks so could maybe read one book. I could also read a few Civil War magazine articles instead. I am of the opinion that military operations in Arkansas are not high on many Civil War buffs interest list.

I haven't read this particular book but William Shea's Fields of Blood: The Prairie Grove Campaign got pretty good reviews.

Ryan

I am not opposed to the speaker at the next Civil War Round Table, but this is a bit of an odd topic for a Michigan based Civil War Roundtable. Mark Longtroth is kind to offer us his presentation, The Missouri Campaign and the Battle of Prairie Grove, and I am sure all will enjoy it.

Prairie Grove is a very interesting tactical battle. I have been there, love it.
5166ZdbJ6kL__SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Back