Battle of Hanover Relics

GBG1863

Private
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know of a place that sells relics from the Battle of Hanover? The battle occured just west of Gettysburg on June 30th, 1863. I have looked online with no success. Thanks for the help in advance!

GBG1863

As I believe that it is considered that anything that comes from within a 100 mile radius of Gettysburg "came from Gettysburg" try one of the Gettysburg based relic shops.

As I believe that it is considered that anything that comes from within a 100 mile radius of Gettysburg "came from Gettysburg" try one of the Gettysburg based relic shops.

How do you know for sure your getting an authentic relic? I've seen "relic" minie balls & pieces of shrapnel sold for a couple dollars each but hesitate to purchase them.

How do you know for sure your getting an authentic relic? I've seen "relic" minie balls & pieces of shrapnel sold for a couple dollars each but hesitate to purchase them.

Your best shot is to buy them from a reputable dealer and for you to do your homework before you buy anything over $2.

What homework would you suggest?

After you narrow down what you are interested in, locate websites, reference books etc, that specialize in what you are interested in and if you can find someone that knows about what you are interested in; that is even better. Gather as much knowledge as you can about your interests and keep in mind that dealers are in the business to make money. Provenance=$$$.

The North South Trader's Price Guide is a pretty good reference for bigger items. Also, keep in mind that with the uncertain economy; prices are all over the board.

Back