* Winstead Hill Observation Post

IMG_6924.JPG

* Confederate General John Bell Hood's view of the Battle of Franklin

IMG_6939.JPG

* The Civil War Trail Marker "Winstead Hill"

IMG_6948.JPG

* The Federal Forward Line

IMG_6951.JPG

* The Confederate General Patrick R. Cleburne Memorial (Carter Cotton Gin)

IMG_6955.JPG

* The Fountain Branch Carter House

IMG_6977.JPG

* The Carter House (Rear View)

IMG_6982.JPG

* The Carter Office Building (Bullet Holes)

IMG_6987.JPG

* Federal Breastworks (View of Union Troops Looking South to a Confederate Charge)

IMG_7013.JPG

* Captain Tod Carter, CSA Grave Site at the Rest Haven Cemetery

IMG_7018.JPG

* The Rest Haven Cemetery "Unknown Civil War Soldier"

IMG_7022.JPG

* Fort Granger

IMG_7035.JPG

* The Collins Farm

IMG_7041.JPG

* The Carnton Plantation / McGavock House

IMG_7057.JPG

* The Carnton Plantation / McGavock House (Rear Porch)

IMG_7054.JPG

* The Civil War Trails Marker "The Eastern Flank"

IMG_7067.JPG

* Photos courtesy of William Bechmann (2012)

Last edited:
In Saturday's mail I received a new request for donations from the Civil War Trust and in it they included a before and after picture of our success at Franklin.it was really good to see Domino's, Pizza Hut and the strip center gone and the land fully restored.congrats to all the fellow members that helped make this happen, SCORE ONE FOR THE GOOD GUYS.:dance::bounce::mstickle:

In Saturday's mail I received a new request for donations from the Civil War Trust and in it they included a before and after picture of our success at Franklin.it was really good to see Domino's, Pizza Hut and the strip center gone and the land fully restored.congrats to all the fellow members that helped make this happen, SCORE ONE FOR THE GOOD GUYS.:dance::bounce::mstickle:

Updated Photo.....

IMG_20151130_103207377.jpg

I just returned home to Cincinnati, Ohio from Franklin, Tennessee. I received a personal battlefield tour from Thomas Cartwright and Jamie Gillum. Both gentleman complimented each other (Thomas with the personal stories and Jamie with the tactics/strategy). I learned a ton!!!

Bill

I just returned home to Cincinnati, Ohio from Franklin, Tennessee. I received a personal battlefield tour from Thomas Cartwright and Jamie Gillum. Both gentleman complimented each other (Thomas with the personal stories and Jamie with the tactics/strategy). I learned a ton!!!

Bill
I envy you bill to have such a great tour by two such learned people.huzzzzzah.

The Battle of Franklin, Tennessee was fought on this day in 1864. This battle was part of the Franklin–Nashville Campaign of the American Civil War. It was one of the worst disasters of the war for the Confederate States of America. Confederate Lt. General John Bell Hood's Army of Tennessee conducted numerous frontal assaults against fortified positions occupied by Federal soldiers under Major General John M. Schofield. The Confederates were unable to break through or to prevent Schofield from a planned, orderly withdrawal to Nashville.

Back