IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0010.jpg
IMG_0011.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0014.jpg
IMG_0015.jpg
IMG_0016.jpg

On the southern end of Broxton Bridge Plantation there is an old battleground, complete with all the breastworks, left over from the south's defenses on February 1, 1865 – 154 years ago. The northern army was in route from Savannah, Georgia, to Columbia, South Carolina, and the battles at Broxton Bridge and Rivers Bridge on the Salkehatchie River were the last big defensive effort for the Confederates before the battle at Columbia.

Some very evocative photos here! I like numbers 2,3,4,5, 6, and 7. I think #7 is downright epic. The rest don't really take me anywhere in my imagination, but that is not a criticism of your photography. It is much more a statement of the way I think about reenactments.

Wow what a great event that seems to have been. What a cool field to play on. Nearly every photo here is a stunner, #2 alone!

...to except #9 and #11; which are spell-breakers; throwbacks to 1980s-1990s reenacting imho.

Last edited:
I was there and participating for the second year. It was a lot of fun, but it's hard to find pictures of our group. We're on the far end of the Confederate line from where the spectators are, out by the old Confederate entrenchments. Here's one that catches most of us, though I'm back behind the tree or the flag on the second row. :smile:
oC6j8fW.jpg

Wonderful photos. Photo 4 and 10 are fantastic! But I also love the little drummer boy.

Hey, CSA liked something I liked! That’s twice in 12 months! We are on a roll!:mstickle:

Ok..so I had a cocktail or two … but photo number 4 -both men look "hot" on their horses to me! :rofl: Something about good looking men in grey, mounted on beautiful horses, makes me swoon!

Back