Battle of Balls Bluff - very good YouTube presentment

M E Wolf

Colonel
Retired Moderator
This is the fourth segment of the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority film "Region Divided:

"The Battle of Ball's Bluff & the Civil War."
www.youtube.com

The Battle of Ball's Bluff & the Civil War

NOTE: I am of the belief the re-enactors participating at the 150th Ball's Bluff are featured here.

M. E. Wolf

I'll be glad when we hit 1863, tired of running. Great video, but I was hoping someone got the last stand with the Colonel, that would have been something to see again.

Yes, thanks for the Video. Ggrandad was a Pvt. in the 17th Miss from the beginning at Blackburn's Ford until wounded and out at Knoxville. Narrator Roger Mudd brings out that they were the fresh troops at the end of the day that broke the Federal lines.

My reenacting Confederate unit is the 17th Mississippi and one year we got to participate in the reenactment of Ball's Bluff. Very exciting and great reenactment.

Thanks for the video, M. E. Wolf, really nice.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

Dave Hull, sir;

You wrote:
I'll be glad when we hit 1863, tired of running. Great video, but I was hoping someone got the last stand with the Colonel, that would have been something to see again.

I'll add a 'me too' to that sir!

M. E. Wolf

UnionBlue, sir;

Well, I am sorry you were not there at the 150th Balls Bluff re-enactment, as I would have been honored to have met you, sir.

In this particular video presentation, I was fortunate enough to recognize some of the individuals from my 'home unit' the 3rd United States Regulars, Co. K "Buffsticks" and recognized Colonel Jeffery H. Stepp (Brig. General) of the Southern Division, First Brigade.

Being quite lame with arthritis and other health issues, it was too far of a hike to get to the Union camp so Colonel Stepp's staff made me quite welcomed, comfortable and attended, and why I was able to recognize my host in the video. This was a General S. Chris Anders hard work with others in putting this re-enactment on so well.

This particular video has three other videos matched up to it. I was rather impressed on the presentation on all of them.

Glad you enjoyed the video as I did from "YouTube."

M. E. Wolf

Well, those Mississippi boys popped up in our rear, slick as a whistle, just they did 150 years ago. We never saw them until we turned around to skeedaddle down the bluff and there they were, with big grins on their mugs.

Well, I am sorry you were not there at the 150th Balls Bluff re-enactment, as I would have been honored to have met you, sir.
Nah. You wouldn't. Blue is a thorough rotter and talks incessantly. Unlike myself who is also a thorough rotter, but I don't talk much.:sneaky:

Ole,

You wrote:
Nah. You wouldn't. Blue is a thorough rotter and talks incessantly. Unlike myself who is also a thorough rotter, but I don't talk much.:sneaky:

Hey--I am easy to get along with. :thumbsup: I enjoy listening actually. :D I enjoy people of all sorts. :smile:

M. E. Wolf

Back