Battery B, 4th US Artillery at Antietam 12-pounder Napoleon

Two 12 pounder Napoleons located at the Corinth Civil War Interprative Center. Both of these Napoleons were manufactured by Henry N. Hooper and company are displayed in the Battery Robinette set up.
I have a few photos but since my computer is not exactly working I can only find a couple at this time.
Regards
David

View attachment 419313

View attachment 419314

View attachment 419315
Nice job. The first two photo are a great illustration for Corinth and how it was fought. Hooper and Greenwood were two other founders that produced the M1857.

Thanks @redbob That's great information! While I doubt I will ever make it to Wilmington, DE to see the two known Confederate iron Napoleon there, I might be able to see the ones at Tredegar and Petersburg. Or maybe we have some CWT members who live nearby who could post pictures of some of them?

NOTE: In case anyone thinks they are losing their mind :D the OP here and related replies were split from "We're Going Live - CWT Antietam Muster 2021" to make a new thread specifically about the cannon questions. Thanks to all!
Hey Laura....maybe I could do this for you, since you do so much for us!
My son, BattleDawg Maggie, and I are taking a road trip next week. He’s got book-buying business in Winston-Salem and Philadelphia, so we are headed up to the Nawth country...
We combine his work with visiting as many civil war sites as we can. I am finally going to Fort Delaware!
( my gt.gt.grandfather, Abel Farrar, 2nd Al.. Cav., did a long stint in there, escaped once, caught, and stayed til exchanged). I have been wanting to see that Fort for years....
No concrete promises, but if you will kindly tell me where in the h*** I am going, and where those cannons are, I will surely try. I know as little about cannons, as I do about the State of Delaware 😂😂....

Went to New Orleans in the spring, and took these pics of cannons. They were on the Cabildo (?) building there on Jackson Square....

6A8E93C6-797D-4E48-AB4B-04BF229791AC.jpeg

49AB19EB-670D-4557-9265-B4BB838E80F1.jpeg

note the discarded face marks inside !

Thanks @redbob That's great information! While I doubt I will ever make it to Wilmington, DE to see the two known Confederate iron Napoleon there, I might be able to see the ones at Tredegar and Petersburg. Or maybe we have some CWT members who live nearby who could post pictures of some of them?

NOTE: In case anyone thinks they are losing their mind :D the OP here and related replies were split from "We're Going Live - CWT Antietam Muster 2021" to make a new thread specifically about the cannon questions. Thanks to all!
Is this one of the pictures of this cannon you asked me to take that I later posted?

Is this one of the pictures of this cannon you asked me to take that I later posted?
Kathy I should have clarified. It's a picture of the same cannon you took photos of. I was so enamored with the scene. I just loved the way that bronze cannon looked out there among the cutover corn. I couldn't resist taking a couple of pictures too and this is one of the ones I took.

Back