Ball's Bluff Antique Vintage Inspired Photographs

paulharris

Private
Hi all
I finally got around to processing some antique inspired images of the Ball's Bluff 150.

Ball's Bluff Antiqued Inspired Images

You can also follow me on a blog at

Civil War 150 Photoblog
Click on the follow button on top and get notified of new posts.

To date proceeds from contributions have been donated to CivilWarTalk forum and Cedar Creek Battlefield Foundation. Thanks to those that contributed. This is my labor of love and using my camera to help preserve sites is a way to give more then I ever could with my checkbook.

Expired Image Removed

paulharris,

Years ago I went to the Balls Bluff battlefield site and was impressed with the hush I found there, as if the battlefield itself knew of the blood and carnage from that long ago fight and was trying to keep it secret.

Your pictures are magnificent and convey much of the panic and confusion of the actual battle that took place there.

Bravo on your efforts.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

Being at the 150th Balls Bluff event that S. Chris Anders coordinated, I am one of the lucky ones that missed the aim of Mr. Harris' camera.
((BIG HUGE GRIN TEASING))... I didn't get 'shot.' LOL

M. E. Wolf

Thanks guys.
I went there a week before to scout the site and I thought I had made a mistake with directions. I was in the middle of a housing development. Finally I found a gravel road and small sign. If it had not been for the Northern Virginia Park authority there would have been no park.
This was a Sunday morning and yes it was very eerie place.

Dave Hull, sir;

You wrote:
Would you like to place a friendly wager on that, say a Mountain Dew?

Heck! I'd give you a Mountain Dew just because you're you!

:beer:

Don't catch a cold out there at Harper's Ferry!

M. E. Wolf

UnionBlue, sir;

You wrote:
Being a rather handsome man myself, I am willing to wage that BOTH of you could shatter a lens or two.

Any takers? :smile:

No need to bet.....

If my looks don't shatter photo lenses--my cane will.....:laugh1:

M. E. Wolf

PaulHarris, sir:

You wrote:
Hey hey. No one is shattering a lens. The reason I take photos is to hide behind the camera so not to shatter a lens.

Ah ha!!!:hmmm: A confession!!!!! :thumbsup:

New torture ...squeeze a person in between to glass plates or tin types---

M. E. Wolf

Mr. Wolf
I revived the 1st Manassas thread because you brought up a good point about the use of the term vintage as it refers to contemporary digital images vs actual period images. Your point has made me try to develop another term, but I have not been able to find just the right one.

PaulHarris, sir;

You wrote:
Mr. Wolf
I revived the 1st Manassas thread because you brought up a good point about the use of the term vintage as it refers to contemporary digital images vs actual period images. Your point has made me try to develop another term, but I have not been able to find just the right one.

Being original photos, you can't say they are reproductions.

Consider calling the original photos with 'vintage' treatment?

Just some considerations---

M. E. Wolf

Back