Bad fall for Civil War Round Tables?

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
For a time it appeared that Civil War Round Tables in my area might start in person meetings this fall. This now seems unlikely. CWRTs were already suffering membership issues and another year of Zoom meetings instead of in person meetings could well impact membership. Are CWRTs in your area going to have in person meeting this year?

For a time it appeared that Civil War Round Tables in my area might start in person meetings this fall. This now seems unlikely. CWRTs were already suffering membership issues and another year of Zoom meetings instead of in person meetings could well impact membership. Are CWRTs in your area going to have in person meeting this year?
As of now, I believe the Houston Civil War Round Table still has in-person meetings scheduled for the coming campaign, but that could soon change.

The Alabama Civil War Roundtable was moving back to in person meetings, but with this latest surge; that is now in doubt.

I am a member of two CWRTs and neither will have in person meetings. One will have Zoom meetings. I do wonder if they will recover from 2 years of no in person meetings.

As of now, the Raleigh Civil War Round Table has a live meeting scheduled for 13 Sept., with Zoom participation as an option. We've actually had some pretty good virtual meetings with good attendance.

R

CWRT available to members on Zoom seems a step forward, not backward.

In person meetings will still be a draw once they resume.
Many of our members either don’t have a computer or the computer skills to Zoom.

That doesn't bode well for the long-term viability of your CWRT chapter, pandemic or not.
We have been looking at declining attendance for a number of years, but this seems to be the norm for many organizations and we must address the eventually of us folding our tents and calling it quits. There are probably half the Roundtables that there were ten years ago.

Back