Baby It's Cold Outside!

Hope all my friends experiencing this arctic blast are safe and warm!!!

I don't know about Victorian fashion or about how people stayed warm in an arctic blast 150 years ago. I know this picture shows some people and their dog having a lot of fun in the snow and I suspect the temperature was not too far below freezing. Full sun, too. Note the cast shadows. It's a great picture. People should play in the snow, as long as the air temps are not life threatening.

Layering of clothing really works, better than some of the fancy materials made today do. The I grew up in a much colder area I and worked outside for years. I kind of got used to it. I don't have to go outside now unless I have to, so I don't. I do hope everyone keeps warm. Then again I don't live in a flood zone anymore where it liked to flood in the middle of winter.

Looking at these photos has a cooling effect ... just come off the hottest January on record down these parts. Highest temp was something like 46 C (115 F). Near 100 F tomorrow and Sunday. It has been a long hot summer ....

Whoa, that's unfathomable. Would rather be cold than even think about those temps- but detest summer based on heat. Well, and bugs. What month is it all over for you?

We need some good news. Let us hope, this does not come to pass. :cold:

1549035359356.png

The many layer approach works well. I know at the barn, my instructor gets tired of people telling her to stay warm. She knows how to dress! Besides, mucking stalls will make you break a sweat for sure!

Per The Weather Channel, "Since the first Groundhog Day in 1887, the groundhog has called for a longer winter a whopping 104 times compared to just 19 in favor of an early spring." Yikes!!! Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow today so he is predicting an early spring. Let's hope he got it right. He's been accurate 40 percent of the time.

https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.jpg

I have always felt sorry fo the poor ground hog, snatched from their warm bed to look at the weather of the day..and I think one year the little blighter bit it’s keeper, and was so severely injured in the resultant drop that it had to be euthanized..

I say we dispense from the live critter and dress up our least favorite political persona..how honest will they be???

Back