Award to Cook of the week

Remember this week , Oct. 26 starts. It runs until Oct. 31, end of month. Submit your recipes and see who will be the next cook of the week.

The cook for month of October will be announced on Nov. 1.

Keep them coming.

Deer meat about 1 or 2 pound cut steaks into smaller pieces, soak in equal parts of A-1 And Whatsthishearssauce, drain cook on grill til what ever you like them me dime to well done, enjoy! :smile coffee:

I recently cooked a roast in the crockpot. It smelled so good and tasted so bad. Not sure how I did it, but I did. I will just watch this thread with envy and enjoyment.

Here's how to cook a roast in the crockpot that tastes great! The measures are all approximate.

Cajun Roast Beef

Take one chuck roast and sauté in a little olive oil on both sides. Cut 1/2 inch deep slits in the roast and poke in a slice of a clove of garlic, maybe five cloves. Place in the bottom of your crockpot. Add 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 box beef broth, 1/2 cup red wine, 1 sliced onion, 1 sliced green pepper, 1-2 stalks celery. Add 3 bay leaves, 1 tsp thyme, a pinch of cayenne--maybe 1/4 - 1/2 tsp., 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Cook 10 hours on low or 5 1/2 hours on high, until meat is falling apart.

Serve on crusty French rolls, putting roast beef and gravy on each. If you'd rather just have roast, microwave some baby carrots and potatoes and put those in at the very end.

I gorontee it!

Here's how to cook a roast in the crockpot that tastes great! The measures are all approximate.

Cajun Roast Beef

Take one chuck roast and sauté in a little olive oil on both sides. Cut 1/2 inch deep slits in the roast and poke in a slice of a clove of garlic, maybe five cloves. Place in the bottom of your crockpot. Add 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 box beef broth, 1/2 cup red wine, 1 sliced onion, 1 sliced green pepper, 1-2 stalks celery. Add 3 bay leaves, 1 tsp thyme, a pinch of cayenne--maybe 1/4 - 1/2 tsp., 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Cook 10 hours on low or 5 1/2 hours on high, until meat is falling apart.

Serve on crusty French rolls, putting roast beef and gravy on each. If you'd rather just have roast, microwave some baby carrots and potatoes and put those in at the very end.

I gorontee it!
Thank you 18th Virginia. I will do my best.

Cajun Roast Beef

I gorontee it!
Did that today, 18th. Really, really, really good! If you don't get a wooden spoon for it, I'll send you one of mine.

Forrest just handed me his apron and spatula! Who's next? :D I'm starting that Cajun Roast Beef tomorrow - that looks really good!
You won't be sorry, Diane. Made it last night and it is really, really good. Makes your eyes light u p and your tummy say howdy. I was maybe a little heavy with the cayenne, but Dear One didn't complain, so it couldn't have been that bad.

You won't be sorry, Diane. Made it last night and it is really, really good. Makes your eyes light u p and your tummy say howdy. I was maybe a little heavy with the cayenne, but Dear One didn't complain, so it couldn't have been that bad.

:thumbsup: I'm-a doin' 'er! :smug:

Back