Forrest Author of new Forrest Book to speak at the Chattanooga/Chickamauga NMP

I ordere this book from Amazon expecting to add another to my library.if i had seen this boo in a book store i would not have bought it.the book itself follows Jordan and Pyror with a little bit of Wyeth thrown in.a few references from some newspaper articles of the day for added color.the main problem is that the book is 444 pages of essay.the book has 105 maps that come with a modern day descrption of how to drive around the area in question like Blue & Grey Magazine did with their Generals Tour.so add the maps and the directions almost 50% of the book is wasted on this.as i rule i have always enjoyed books published by Savas-Beatie but i would have to say this was a big dissapointment.
If someone knows nothing of the General this book might just start an interest in him.you can learn a lot more about Forrest here on CivilWarTalk.

I ordere this book from Amazon expecting to add another to my library.if i had seen this boo in a book store i would not have bought it.the book itself follows Jordan and Pyror with a little bit of Wyeth thrown in.a few references from some newspaper articles of the day for added color.the main problem is that the book is 444 pages of essay.the book has 105 maps that come with a modern day descrption of how to drive around the area in question like Blue & Grey Magazine did with their Generals Tour.so add the maps and the directions almost 50% of the book is wasted on this.as i rule i have always enjoyed books published by Savas-Beatie but i would have to say this was a big dissapointment.
If someone knows nothing of the General this book might just start an interest in him.you can learn a lot more about Forrest here on CivilWarTalk.
Thanks for letting us know !

.you can learn a lot more about Forrest here on CivilWarTalk.
:thumbsup:

Back