NF Attention all book authors!

Non-Fiction
My Civil War book, Trapped in the Crossfire, is historical fiction/creative nonfiction. The story is based on my gr-gr-grandparents' lives, though I used dialogue, so it is registered at the Library of Congress as historical fiction. The book is now available on Amazon for pre-sale:

https://www.amazon.com/Gladys-Hodge-Sherrer/e/B074PZB7M5/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1502448164&sr=8-1

My blog can be found here: www.JourneytoPublishing.blogspot.com

My Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/gladys.sherrer

I feel humbled by Eric's imposing list - especially since he also manages his feats while holding a day job as a lawyer! But here are mine anyway:

The Jackson County War: Reconstruction and Resistance in Post-Civil War Florida (Univ. of Alabama Press 2012): http://a.co/hWXNAtc

and as Editor:
After War Times: An African American Childhood in Reconstruction-Era Florida (Univ. of Alabama Press 2014): http://a.co/3csai6d

I also have a few articles in peer-reviewed journals. Frustratingly, the books above are extremely overpriced by the publisher. I'm happy to sell them directly at my author's discount; contact me if interested.

I'll be giving a presentation in the Virginia Historical Society's Banner lecture series on Thursday (Sept 14) at noon on my book Stonewall Jackson's Little Sorrel. If anybody is in Richmond with free time, please come! I'm also looking forward to seeing the refurbished Hoffbauer murals, especially "Spring" which shows Jackson aboard an unusually realistic Little Sorrel.

Whoa! I just discovered my book on Amazon for sale when it was supposed to be in pre-order till after Christmas. I haven't got my campaign (website) etc together, or put it out for reviews. But they tell me I can't change it now, so it's out! No party, no fanfare, no nothing. I'd love some reviews by CWTalkers, and will get it out free to y'all on my website in a week or so. Meanwhile, paperback is available here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0692892907/?tag=civilwartalkc-20

It's called the Bohemian and the Abolitionist: A Civil War Novel by Ann Prehn. Don't know how to get the peek inside thing going, but there is some info there. (Warning: sexy!)

We would like to compile a list of all CWT members who are published book authors. We want to list all your Civil War-related book titles, with links embedded to each book, if possible, as well as to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

In order to make that list, which would be a permanent but continually updated reference for users of CWT, we need to hear from you authors. Please post on this thread with the information described above.

We are hoping that this will give a publicity boost to our resident authors, as well as provide a ready reference for members and guests as a guide to some great books on our shared passion, the American Civil War.

Note: We want to list only books already published, and only Civil War-related titles; these include both straight history and historical fiction. We will update this reference constantly, which means we will depend on you authors yourselves for updates. Details on how to do that will be provided once we get this thing established.

Thank you for your assistance!

@Eric Wittenberg, @BelleBlackburn, @Rob9641, @Hiram, @Cavalry Charger, @Blessmag, @phil1861, @gunny, @jimrada, @Championhilz, @Dave Wilma
If you're a published author CWT member and you don't see your name tagged, don't be offended, it's just because I had a brain freeze or I don't know about you yet! Please chime in on the thread.

I am a Civil War enthusiast and recent author of "Point Lookout A Civil War Story" by Fredd Snell.

The website is listed here
Point Lookout A Civil War Story Website

The books are available on Amazon here:

Paperback available on Amazon.com

Kindle edition is also available on Amazon.com

Thanks for the like on my post about my new book Point Lookout A Civil War Story. It is based on a true story from my personal family history. My Great-Great-Great Grandfather and his son enlisted in Company C of the 8th Virginia Cavalry when the war started. The Company was raised in Grayson County, Virginia. His son was wounded at the Battle of White Sulfur Springs in the summer of 1863 and taken prisoner. He was sent to the Union Prisoner of War Camp at Point Lookout, Maryland shortly after it opened. I meticulously researched all aspects of the book, but especially the conditions at Point Lookout, the Andersonville of the North, where the incarcerated prisoners suffered greatly. The conditions at Point Lookout form a big part of the story. But as luck would have it, the 8th VA Cavalry, including my G-G-G Grandfather, were attached to General Jubal Early's Valley Campaign of July, 1864 which threatened WDC. At that juncture, General Lee decided to take a gamble and detached most of Early's cavalry, under the command of Brigadier Bradley T. Johnson, on a secret mission to attack the Point Lookout Prisoner of War Camp and free the 20,000 prisoners being held there. So, my G-G-G Grandfather was on a secret mission to free his own son. The details of the raid, which was eventually aborted, forms another major portion of the book. It ends when the 8th VA Cavalry, along with my G-G-G Grandfather, are ordered to burn down Chambersburg, PA in October, 1864 in retaliation for Sherman's burning of Atlanta and David Hunter's earlier burning of VMI in Lexington, VA and the houses of other prominent Confederates in the valley. So, even though it is a work of historical fiction, I think that it is a story, filled with action, that will appeal to all readers. It is available on AMAZON in both Kindle and Paperback versions. I hope that you buy it and enjoy reading it. I would be interested in your comments about the story when you finish. Cheers, Fredd

It is based on a true story from my personal family history. My Great-Great-Great Grandfather and his son enlisted in Company C of the 8th Virginia Cavalry when the war started. The Company was raised in Grayson County, Virginia. His son was wounded at the Battle of White Sulfur Springs in the summer of 1863 and taken prisoner. He was sent to the Union Prisoner of War Camp at Point Lookout, Maryland shortly after it opened. I meticulously researched all aspects of the book, but especially the conditions at Point Lookout, the Andersonville of the North, where the incarcerated prisoners suffered greatly. The conditions at Point Lookout form a big part of the story. But as luck would have it, the 8th VA Cavalry, including my G-G-G Grandfather, were attached to General Jubal Early's Valley Campaign of July, 1864 which threatened WDC. At that juncture, General Lee decided to take a gamble and detached most of Early's cavalry, under the command of Brigadier Bradley T. Johnson, on a secret mission to attack the Point Lookout Prisoner of War Camp and free the 20,000 prisoners being held there. So, my G-G-G Grandfather was on a secret mission to free his own son. The details of the raid, which was eventually aborted, forms another major portion of the book. It ends when the 8th VA Cavalry, along with my G-G-G Grandfather, are ordered to burn down Chambersburg, PA in October, 1864 in retaliation for Sherman's burning of Atlanta and David Hunter's earlier burning of VMI in Lexington, VA and the houses of other prominent Confederates in the valley. So, even though it is a work of historical fiction, I think that it is a story, filled with action, that will appeal to all readers.

I started researching the historical parts of the book, once I had the conceptual framework for the story. I mostly used primary sources, such as the after action reports written and filed after actions by the commanders themselves, but memoirs provided some additional insights. I also personally visited all of the sites mentioned in the book to get my own lay of the land. But if I said that it rained that day, it rained that day. It is available on AMAZON in both Kindle and Paperback versions. I hope that you buy it and enjoy reading it. I would be interested in your comments about the story when you finish. Cheers, Fredd

I feel humbled by Eric's imposing list - especially since he also manages his feats while holding a day job as a lawyer! But here are mine anyway:

The Jackson County War: Reconstruction and Resistance in Post-Civil War Florida (Univ. of Alabama Press 2012): http://a.co/hWXNAtc

and as Editor:
After War Times: An African American Childhood in Reconstruction-Era Florida (Univ. of Alabama Press 2014): http://a.co/3csai6d

I also have a few articles in peer-reviewed journals. Frustratingly, the books above are extremely overpriced by the publisher. I'm happy to sell them directly at my author's discount; contact me if interested.

I read Dan's book and highly recommend it if you want a fresh story from a unique perspective

If anybody here is in Connecticut I'll be speaking at the Shoreline Civil War Round Table today (Jan 2) at 6:30 PM on my book Stonewall Jackson's Little Sorrel at the Acton Library in Old Saybrook. I keep adding new info to the presentation (can't help it).

We would like to compile a list of all CWT members who are published book authors. We want to list all your Civil War-related book titles, with links embedded to each book, if possible, as well as to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

In order to make that list, which would be a permanent but continually updated reference for users of CWT, we need to hear from you authors. Please post on this thread with the information described above.

We are hoping that this will give a publicity boost to our resident authors, as well as provide a ready reference for members and guests as a guide to some great books on our shared passion, the American Civil War.

Note: We want to list only books already published, and only Civil War-related titles; these include both straight history and historical fiction. We will update this reference constantly, which means we will depend on you authors yourselves for updates. Details on how to do that will be provided once we get this thing established.

Thank you for your assistance!

@Eric Wittenberg, @BelleBlackburn, @Rob9641, @Hiram, @Cavalry Charger, @Blessmag, @phil1861, @gunny, @jimrada, @Championhilz, @Dave Wilma
If you're a published author CWT member and you don't see your name tagged, don't be offended, it's just because I had a brain freeze or I don't know about you yet! Please chime in on the thread.
I published my first book last year on April 26, 2017. The title is "Above the High Water Mark" It is based on my ancestor's letters from 1859 to 1872.

Captain Corker is my GGgrandfather. He led the 3rd Ga at Gettysburg on July 2, 1863.

Several highlights include a letter about Corker at Bloody Lane with his sword shot in two, a letter signed by Robert E. Lee sent to Corker's wife after Corker's capture and Corker elected to the 41st Congress in 1870.

The reader will learn many fascinating items such as what was the first Union ship captured by the Confederate Navy!

There is much more.........Available on Amazon and directly from the author a signed copy!

Attachments

• Corker Cover Final.jpg
    Corker Cover Final.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 90
Hello,

My name is Jeff Eberle, I am new to thiks forum, but am an independent author and historian based in Colorado.

I just wrote and published the first book in a four book series titled "The Gray Ghosts of Colorado" which is the first in-depth study to-date of the secessionist movement, it's leaders, the Confederate underground, and men exiled from Colorado Territory between 1858-1865 who fought for the South during the Civil War. No other text focusing specifically on Confederate activity in Colorado Territory has been written previously, though the subject has been touched on briefly, and often erroneously, by other authors in broad terms while discussing the Civil War in the West.

The first book of the series covers the early history of Colorado Territory, it's southern roots mand founders, and the rise of the secessionist movement 1858-1861. The book is softcover, 228 pages, 8x10 inches, and has numerous photos, $19.99+S/H.

It is also available in PDF and Ebook/Apple iPad formats.

"The Gray Ghosts of Colorado: Book I- The Copperheads" can be purchased online at:

http://www.blurb.com/b/8623206-the-gray-ghosts-of-colorado

The book is also available through Amazon and Barnes & Noble, but shipping time and charges are higher.

I will be releasing the next three books in the series over the next couple of years.
Thank You,
GGcover.JPG
Jeff Eberle

Hello,

My name is Jeff Eberle, I am new to thiks forum, but am an independent author and historian based in Colorado.

I just wrote and published the first book in a four book series titled "The Gray Ghosts of Colorado" which is the first in-depth study to-date of the secessionist movement, it's leaders, the Confederate underground, and men exiled from Colorado Territory between 1858-1865 who fought for the South during the Civil War. No other text focusing specifically on Confederate activity in Colorado Territory has been written previously, though the subject has been touched on briefly, and often erroneously, by other authors in broad terms while discussing the Civil War in the West.

The first book of the series covers the early history of Colorado Territory, it's southern roots mand founders, and the rise of the secessionist movement 1858-1861. The book is softcover, 228 pages, 8x10 inches, and has numerous photos, $19.99+S/H.

It is also available in PDF and Ebook/Apple iPad formats.

"The Gray Ghosts of Colorado: Book I- The Copperheads" can be purchased online at:

http://www.blurb.com/b/8623206-the-gray-ghosts-of-colorado

The book is also available through Amazon and Barnes & Noble, but shipping time and charges are higher.

I will be releasing the next three books in the series over the next couple of years.
Thank You,
View attachment 183223 Jeff Eberle

Hi Jeff-- Thanks for the heads up, I'm looking forward to reading it! The Secessionist movement in Colorado is a really fascinating subject and it's a shame that it's been largely ignored. Most Coloradans don't even realize the Civil War was being fought in their own backyards. I also want to give a shout out to your great blog and the research you've done on ghost towns, the KGC, and the Reynolds Gang: https://lifedeathiron.com/

Back