NF Attention all book authors!

Non-Fiction
In the OP, I talked about embedding links in the book titles. Now I'm rethinking it, and want to get feedback from you authors.

My problem is that I have mixed feelings about automatically linking things to Amazon -- feeding the beast, so to speak. If people want to buy a book from Amazon, they can go there themselves and do a search for the title, right? Some of you authors have websites and can sell your books directly. Don't you earn a better profit if people buy it directly from you than if they buy it at Amazon?

I'm just wanting to get your opinions about whether or not we need links.

It makes no difference to me.

In the OP, I talked about embedding links in the book titles. Now I'm rethinking it, and want to get feedback from you authors.

My problem is that I have mixed feelings about automatically linking things to Amazon -- feeding the beast, so to speak. If people want to buy a book from Amazon, they can go there themselves and do a search for the title, right? Some of you authors have websites and can sell your books directly. Don't you earn a better profit if people buy it directly from you than if they buy it at Amazon?

If you self publish, you make far more selling direct than if the book is sold on Amazon.

We would like to compile a list of all CWT members who are published book authors. We want to list all your Civil War-related book titles, with links embedded to each book, if possible, as well as to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

In order to make that list, which would be a permanent but continually updated reference for users of CWT, we need to hear from you authors. Please post on this thread with the information described above.

We are hoping that this will give a publicity boost to our resident authors, as well as provide a ready reference for members and guests as a guide to some great books on our shared passion, the American Civil War.

Note: We want to list only books already published, and only Civil War-related titles; these include both straight history and historical fiction. We will update this reference constantly, which means we will depend on you authors yourselves for updates. Details on how to do that will be provided once we get this thing established.

Thank you for your assistance!

@Eric Wittenberg, @BelleBlackburn, @Rob9641, @Hiram, @Cavalry Charger, @Blessmag, @phil1861, @gunny, @jimrada, @Championhilz, @Dave Wilma
If you're a published author CWT member and you don't see your name tagged, don't be offended, it's just because I had a brain freeze or I don't know about you yet! Please chime in on the thread.
My manuscript is with a publisher as we write, so to speak.

I am also considering do a historical novel that would tell of the Civil War told from Hood's perspective, kind of like the style of writing used by Jeff Shaara.

Love your idea for the alternate history. That's big right now, and I enjoy them. Could you let the Sanders boys avoid capture at Franklin?

Some of us get them on our Kindle first... then get the real thing... which I do. I live in Podunk, USA, so it's handier and faster to get it electronically.... and my messed up left hand makes it almost impossible to read in bed. Bet y'all didn't know I'm down to one...:dance:

Ask Eric if I buy books! And Gary... I can't find the first one, but I'm hopeful someone packed it up at school.

• My book titled, “Civil War Blacksmithing: Constructing Cannon Wheels, Traveling Forge, Knives, and Other Projects and Information” Paperback December 24, 2010
    By David Michael Einhorn (Author)

Available on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/dp/1456364812/?tag=civilwartalkc-20
  • Paperback: 188 pages
    Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (December 24, 2010)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1456364812
  • ISBN-13: 978-1456364816
  • Product Dimensions: 8 x 0.4 x 10 inches

Yes, good question Kansas! I've always wanted to ask an author. It's easier, using Amazon but does it benefit the creator more, buying direct? You can't beat the exposure on Amazon- on the other hand I've seen perfectly wonderful writers nailed by troll reviewers. It's a hideous system for book reviews, I'm sorry. You can't review a book like it's a yellow Scrub Daddy.

I'm going to write a book...I'm going to data-mine this site for long, detailed, well written posts. Scrub @unionblue 's thread on great quotes, add some open source wiki 'facts' - time to publish!

Just kidding - but it could be done...

USS ALASKA

I'm posting this as a bookmark reminder for myself to share this, Kansas Freestater:

Coming in October to Amazon, Trapped in the Crossfire: a Civil War Saga of the Endurance of Family by Gladys Hodge Sherrer. See author page at ArdentWriterPress.com, writer blog at JourneytoPublishing.blogspot.com, and friend on Facebook.

I'm posting this as a bookmark reminder for myself to share this, Kansas Freestater:

Coming in October to Amazon, Trapped in the Crossfire: a Civil War Saga of the Endurance of Family by Gladys Hodge Sherrer. See author page at ArdentWriterPress.com, writer blog at JourneytoPublishing.blogspot.com, and friend on Facebook.
Sounds great! Please let us know as soon as it becomes available for purchase.

Latest up date on my ironclad book. The publisher is going to do a "Dry run" in June to set out format and pagination. the delay is because they are working on a major new release timed for this month.

Love your idea for the alternate history. That's big right now, and I enjoy them. Could you let the Sanders boys avoid capture at Franklin?
Not sure who they are. I would need to do research about them. Also, I could do an alternate history novel where Hood is more cautious in the Battle of Atlanta and during the Franklin-Nashville campaign. His experiences at Gettysburg and Chickamauga would have made Hood a more cautious man who considered his options before taking action and he would realize that Lee's style of command had flaws in it and he shouldn't completely emulate Lee in commanding his troops.

Back