At the Mansfield Ohio Show.

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
20190504_141513.jpg

You should be able to cover that out of your front pocket.

Lots of dealer transactions of Friday and a large crowd on Saturday morning, but unfortunately mostly "tag flippers". I almost didn't go this year as the normal 10 hour drive looked to be more fearful with all of the road construction, but... I was able to buy an Asheville Armory rifle on Saturday. 99% correct {replaced ram rod}. Now there are 10 of them known out of about 385 made, which is a very low survival rate, even for Confederate weapons. I'm very glad I went !!

Lots of dealer transactions of Friday and a large crowd on Saturday morning, but unfortunately mostly "tag flippers". I almost didn't go this year as the normal 10 hour drive looked to be more fearful with all of the road construction, but... I was able to buy an Asheville Armory rifle on Saturday. 99% correct {replaced ram rod}. Now there are 10 of them known out of about 385 made, which is a very low survival rate, even for Confederate weapons. I'm very glad I went !!
Would love to see some photos of the Asheville Armory rifle Dave, if you're so inclined.....

I'll try to get some up soon, but that's on my "do list" for tomorrow as the Atlanta History Center {Gordon Jones} wants some also.
It's a pretty standard Type I, but in better condition than most.

The Mansfield show is always a lot of fun with some really great items and an awesome artillery display. Unfortunately I didn't make it this year.

Back