Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
Camp Holmes Dr. Caffey.JPG
https://catalog.archives.gov/id/7403401 - image 102
"Adjutant & Inspector Generals Office
Richmond Jany 2, 1862
Special Orders No. 1
Paragraph XX

XX. The following named Medical officers will without delay report to Col. P Mallett, Commandant _?_ at Camp Holmes Near Raleigh No Ca, for assignment to duty in Examining Conscripts in the Congressional Districts of North Carolina, pursuant to General Orders No 82 V 101. Current series.
Asst Surgeon Edmund S. Pendleton
Asst Surgeon Hugh W. Caffey
Asst Surgeon William P. Finlay
Asst Surgeon James T. Chappell
Asst Surgeon Thomas M. Nelson
Asst Surgeon Javan Bryant

By Command of Secretary of War
John Withers
Asst. Adjt-General"

@Frums is this Hugh W Caffey related to you?

View attachment 113800https://catalog.archives.gov/id/7403401 - image 102
"Adjutant & Inspector Generals Office
Richmond Jany 2, 1862
Special Orders No. 1
Paragraph XX

XX. The following named Medical officers will without delay report to Col. P Mallett, Commandant _?_ at Camp Holmes Near Raleigh No Ca, for assignment to duty in Examining Conscripts in the Congressional Districts of North Carolina, pursuant to General Orders No 82 V 101. Current series.
Asst Surgeon Edmund S. Pendleton
Asst Surgeon Hugh W. Caffey
Asst Surgeon William P. Finlay
Asst Surgeon James T. Chappell
Asst Surgeon Thomas M. Nelson
Asst Surgeon Javan Bryant

By Command of Secretary of War
John Withers
Asst. Adjt-General"

@Frums is this Hugh W Caffey related to you?
Yes! That is Hugh William Caffey. Brother of Thomas Dunklin Caffey and Hooper Patrick Caffey. Hooper was the one that was wounded in Gettysburg and is in Evergreen Cemetery. I had not seen that before. Thank you!

You are welcome @Frums - probably not many people have previously seen this stuff Ive been posting.:nah disagree:

I am reading the A&IGO Special Orders journals. :help: Yep, that's correct.....reading them.....word for word. :frantic:

Looking for any SO's related to Dr. Cross. So far no luck on him. But Ive been posting a few interesting pieces when I run across them.

Back