Forrest Article on Forrest.

Garbage.....A sinner that accepts Salvation is no longer a sinner....His past, descpicable as it may be, though remembered, is not held against him towards his present or future....Say what you will about Forrest, an evil slave trader, a ruthless, blood-thirsty cut-throat..Yes, he was the Grand Wiazard of the KKK, BUT, he ORDERED it disbanded and, subsequently he renounced his affiliation with it......But consider W. T. Sherman's assessment: "I think Forrest was the most remarkable man the civil war produced on either side. His opponents were professional soldiers, while he had no military training. He was never taught tactics yet he had a genius for strategy that was original and to me incomprehensible. I couldn’t calculate what he was up to, yet he always knew my intentions."....That is why George S. Patton, early in the history of American Tank war-fare, designed U.S. tank tactics that substantially aide America in winning WWII...Shelby Foote state that the Civil War produced two authentic geniuses: Abraham Lincoln and Nathan Bedford Forrest.....WHY did he say that??.....Crucify Forrest, if you must, for lack of anything else to do...or anyone else to point the finger at.....

Garbage.....A sinner that accepts Salvation is no longer a sinner....His past, descpicable as it may be, though remembered, is not held against him towards his present or future....Say what you will about Forrest, an evil slave trader, a ruthless, blood-thirsty cut-throat..Yes, he was the Grand Wiazard of the KKK, BUT, he ORDERED it disbanded and, subsequently he renounced his affiliation with it......But consider W. T. Sherman's assessment: "I think Forrest was the most remarkable man the civil war produced on either side. His opponents were professional soldiers, while he had no military training. He was never taught tactics yet he had a genius for strategy that was original and to me incomprehensible. I couldn’t calculate what he was up to, yet he always knew my intentions."....That is why George S. Patton, early in the history of American Tank war-fare, designed U.S. tank tactics that substantially aide America in winning WWII...Shelby Foote state that the Civil War produced two authentic geniuses: Abraham Lincoln and Nathan Bedford Forrest.....WHY did he say that??.....Crucify Forrest, if you must, for lack of anything else to do...or anyone else to point the finger at.....
Good post Albert. Thanks

Will do. I haven't read that one.

It's certainly groundbreaking. He's done a magnificent job. My own opinion is that if Forrest wanted to massacre all the survivors, there would have been very danged few left to tell the tale.....but you can see for yourself.

Back