Article: Crossing the James River, June 1864

Mike Serpa

Major
This looks like it might be an interesting article. I don't have time to read it. Seven pages.
Sample page-
engineer3840army_0459.jpg

Engineer, The professional Bulletin of Army Engineers.-Dec. 2009, Page 58
https://archive.org/stream/engineer3840army#page/n457/mode/2up/search/eroijb

As a non-engineer who is awed by human ingenuity, I am really happy to see threads like this. Engineers make the world go round!

I wonder if we should start an "Engineering in the Civil War" subforum?? Would one of you engineers here at CWT want to host it?
I would certainly be happy to consider "hosting"- IF I actually knew what that requires. Can please you fill me in about what is needed? If its something I can do- I'd be happy to help. Thank you.

I would certainly be happy to consider "hosting"- IF I actually knew what that requires. Can please you fill me in about what is needed? If its something I can do- I'd be happy to help. Thank you.
Oh my goodness, a volunteer! And quickly! Kudos to you for stepping up to the plate, Ray!
All I do is make suggestions. It's Mike, @civilwartalk, our gracious webmaster, who makes decisions about new forums. Send him a private message. If he decides it's a good idea, he'll fill you in on what the job entails.

Back