Army of the Tennessee corps?

The 16th corp would be what you are looking for but this can be deceiving as the 16th Corp was scattered all over the place but the bilk were under US Grant at Shiloh.

The 16th corp would be what you are looking for but this can be deceiving as the 16th Corp was scattered all over the place but the bilk were under US Grant at Shiloh.

The more and more I read i think the army of the Tennessee never really adopted corps badges i wanted to find what badge the army had or some kind of identifying symbol for the command of the 16th Wisconsin at shiloh they were under the 1st brigade of the 6th divison prentiss i was looking to purchase a patch or something

The 16th Wisconsin was in the Third Division, Seventeenth Corps and their badge would have been:

220px-XVIIcorpsbadge3.png

Ryan

The more and more I read i think the army of the Tennessee never really adopted corps badges i wanted to find what badge the army had or some kind of identifying symbol for the command of the 16th Wisconsin at shiloh they were under the 1st brigade of the 6th divison prentiss i was looking to purchase a patch or something
Corps badges didn't come into use until 1863, first by the Army of the Potomac and then by western armies a bit later. The 15th, 16th, and 17th Corps of the Army of the Tennessee all had corps badges by 1864.

Also, the 16th Corps wasn't organized until December 1862. Organization of regiments, brigades and divisions within shifted around frequently over time.

Back