Arkansas Union Soldiers

Marti Moser

Private
I'm searching for records of my GG grandfather Elkanah Moser's service. As it seems to be, when Ancestry buys another entity the records are off limits ie. newspapers.com,Fold3,some of the reference books & the used to be websites you could root around in. There are 12 pages, originally from The National Archives. I'm on familysearch.org because another family historian said the documents are easier to find. So, my Elkanah was with 2nd Cav, Co C Confederate Cavalry. Then he appears in same company as a Union soldier. I'm now finding 4th Arkansas Mounted Infantry Union where he is a sargeant. But can't see any details or notes. Can someone advise or am I correct in the no pay no play dilemma? Most records that I didn't get a chance to correct are under the name Elconia Mosier or Moser
Thanks in advance for your time and consideration

I'm searching for records of my GG grandfather Elkanah Moser's service. As it seems to be, when Ancestry buys another entity the records are off limits ie. newspapers.com,Fold3,some of the reference books & the used to be websites you could root around in. There are 12 pages, originally from The National Archives. I'm on familysearch.org because another family historian said the documents are easier to find. So, my Elkanah was with 2nd Cav, Co C Confederate Cavalry. Then he appears in same company as a Union soldier. I'm now finding 4th Arkansas Mounted Infantry Union where he is a sargeant. But can't see any details or notes. Can someone advise or am I correct in the no pay no play dilemma? Most records that I didn't get a chance to correct are under the name Elconia Mosier or Moser

I have a book titled "Arkansas' Damned Yankees: An Index to Union Soldiers in Arkansas Regiments" by Desmond Walls Allen. The book lists a Pvt Elconia Moser born in Lincoln NC Serving in the 2nd Arkansas Cavalry USA. He was 30 at time of enlistment and joined the unit on January 1st 1864 in Batesville, Arkansas. The Unit also has a Henry Moser serving and he was also born in Lincoln, NC. Henry was 37 when he enlisted in the 2nd Arkansas Cavalry USA on January 31st, 1863 in West Plains, Missouri. A 3rd Moser also was in the unit, George W Moser. George was 18 when he enlisted in the 2nd Arkansas Cavalry USA. He enlisted in Cassville, Missouri on January 7th, 1864 and was born in Independence Co., Arkansas

@Marti Moser, are you saying that you can't find his records on Fold3 anymore? My Ancestry subscription actually includes Fold3 access, so I (or someone else on here with access) could retrieve his records for you. To the best of my knowledge, both Arkansas Confederate and Union records are there.

This is the only record I could locate. If he also has a Confederate record, he was probably conscripted into their army and deserted them at 1st opportunity. I had Union relatives from NW. Arkansas. A good bit of Union sentiment in that part of the State.

Screenshot (14).png

His Widow's Pension File Index Card:

record-image_undefined.jpg

Back