Anyone need help finding their Civil War ancestors?

RhinehartRoots

Private
Hey everyone. I’ve seen several messages on here asking for help finding information on a Civil War ancestor. I do a lot of research and record retrieval at the National Archives regarding Civil War and War of 1812 soldiers, so I have a little bit of knowledge on what’s available for these soldiers and how to locate them. I’ve gotten files from the National Archives for several of the members of this forum who can vouch for me and my work.

If anyone is looking for help in knowing where to find information about your Civil War or War of 1812 ancestors, I’m offering free video chat consultations. There’s a lot of very knowledgeable people in this group, but if you’d like to run something by me, let me know and we can set up a time to video chat. All of my contact information is below, so feel free to shoot me a message if I can help!

Brian
www.RhinehartRoots.com
[email protected]

If anyone is looking for help in knowing where to find information about your Civil War or War of 1812 ancestors,
Thanks for offering your services. I like to help others on their research when I can. I mostly work on Mississippi soldiers & units as well as some WW2 GI research.

I have identified many of my Confederate ancestors & relations. Im trying to learn more about researching War of 1812 ancestors. I may have one or two that other Ancestry trees say are MY ancestor but Im not so sure. I might ask you to look at one.

Thanks for offering your services. I like to help others on their research when I can. I mostly work on Mississippi soldiers & units as well as some WW2 GI research.

I have identified many of my Confederate ancestors & relations. Im trying to learn more about researching War of 1812 ancestors. I may have one or two that other Ancestry trees say are MY ancestor but Im not so sure. I might ask you to look at one.

Sounds good. There are potentially a lot of records available for soldiers of the War of 1812 at the National Archives. I can help you look through to see what's there. Do you want to set up a video chat for that?

Brian

Last edited:
There are potentially a lot of records available for soldiers of the War of 1812 at the National Archives. I can help you look through to see what's there. Do you want to set up a video chat for that?
I'm fine with IM. I can type pretty fast----hope you can keep up.
If we find anything, THEN we may have to chat about it.

Back