Anyone interested in "owning" 2 Sq. ft. of Fox's Gap?

Claude Bauer

First Sergeant
Forum Host
Back in 2001, Central Maryland Heritage League (CMHL) bestowed honorary ownership of Wise's Field at Fox's Gap, South Mountain Battlefield for folks interested in donating funds to support efforts in protecting this national treasure. The CMHL is considering reviving this campaign to help raise money to restore the site to its original appearance (i.e., removing all the trees and returning it to farmland, which is how it appeared at the time of the battle.) Anyone interested in "owning" a little piece of history?

88261151_142812620562588_2192717040970629120_o.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, is there a link? Is it a 'thing' already or just proposed?

Currently, they're floating the idea of reviving it, but want to gauge interest. Thank you for the response! If they go ahead with it, and probably will, I will get back to you with details. Back in 2001, I bought a certificate for myself and one each for my boys, who were reenacting at the time.

Back in 2001, Central Maryland Heritage League (CMHL) bestowed honorary ownership of Wise's Field at Fox's Gap, South Mountain Battlefield for folks interested in donating funds to support efforts in protecting this national treasure. The CMHL is considering reviving this campaign to help raise money to restore the site to its original appearance (i.e., removing all the trees and returning it to farmland, which is how it appeared at the time of the battle.) Anyone interested in "owning" a little piece of history?

View attachment 350481
I might consider something like this. It’s a little different than just a simple donation.

Last edited:
Back