Anyone going to Cedar Creek this weekend?

Yes sir, i am packed and waiting to go. I will be with the anv 9th battalion 27th virginia if you want to drop in. ask for bill.
this is one of my very favorite national events. and here is why.
1) it is held on the actual battlefield.
2) it is close enough so that most people can attend by driving less than one day.
3) the weather is extremely pleasant most of the time , i do remember the 145 when it almost snowed but that is better than the 150 manassa when it hit 118 f .
4) the sutlers on sunday will be looking to sell off their stock at very reasonable prices as it is the last national event of the year and they do not want to pack up and carry their gear another year.
5) the ball on saturday nite reminds me of the ballroom scene in gone with the wind.
6) if you close your eye just a little you go back in time and relive the civil war.
see you there
bill

Yes sir, i am packed and waiting to go. I will be with the anv 9th battalion 27th virginia if you want to drop in. ask for bill.
2) it is close enough so that most people can attend by driving less than one day.
3) the weather is extremely pleasant most of the time , i do remember the 145 when it almost snowed but that is better than the 150 manassa when it hit 118 f .
4) the sutlers on sunday will be looking to sell off their stock at very reasonable prices as it is the last national event of the year and they do not want to pack up and carry their gear another year.
5) the ball on saturday nite reminds me of the ballroom scene in gone with the wind.
6) if you close your eye just a little you go back in time and relive the civil war.
see you there
bill
I'm looking forward to it, will be my first time there actually. I'll be with 12th Georgia, 6th Battalion ANV. We'll probably not be far from eachother, will look for you. Driving from Florida Thursday, should get there that night and have Friday to do some sightseeing and have a couple other guys coming with me from my Florida company that want to do some shopping.

see you there
bill

I'll be there on Saturday. I'll try to stop by and say hi.

I'm looking forward to it, will be my first time there actually. I'll be with 12th Georgia, 6th Battalion ANV. We'll probably not be far from eachother, will look for you. Driving from Florida Thursday, should get there that night and have Friday to do some sightseeing and have a couple other guys coming with me from my Florida company that want to do some shopping.
we are right next to each other the 6th, the second, and the 9th.

we are right next to each other the 6th, the second, and the 9th.
I thought of looking for you a couple times and always got busy. I was unexpectedly given the 1st sergeant's position in our company Friday night so I had a lot of extra duties and issue out duties I had to keep an eye on that I wasn't counting on but it was a great experience and I had a great weekend. Hope you and all your boys had a good weekend. Other than being a bit nippy Saturday morning and damp on Sunday I thought it was a really good event.

I thought of looking for you a couple times and always got busy. I was unexpectedly given the 1st sergeant's position in our company Friday night so I had a lot of extra duties and issue out duties I had to keep an eye on that I wasn't counting on but it was a great experience and I had a great weekend. Hope you and all your boys had a good weekend. Other than being a bit nippy Saturday morning and damp on Sunday I thought it was a really good event.
Same thing happened to me , i was told you are first sergeant for this event yes lots of work . I had a very good time, I really liked the sunday battle , our army worked perfect together, when we reformed on the other side of the heater house and poured it into the johnnies , that was awesome. we even got a ovation from the blue coats on how well we that that maneuver . I had to do sentry duty saturday . 4-6 am in the rain . so i did not make it to the ball saturday night, i hear that it was excellent. may be we will run into each other at some future nation, there is talk of bentonville next year. cheers

Same thing happened to me , i was told you are first sergeant for this event yes lots of work . I had a very good time, I really liked the sunday battle , our army worked perfect together, when we reformed on the other side of the heater house and poured it into the johnnies , that was awesome. we even got a ovation from the blue coats on how well we that that maneuver . I had to do sentry duty saturday . 4-6 am in the rain . so i did not make it to the ball saturday night, i hear that it was excellent. may be we will run into each other at some future nation, there is talk of bentonville next year. cheers
I wasn't too popular being the one to assign guard duties. Sunday's battle was great, one of our boys had a go-pro hidden and posted some great videos of Sunday's battle on the company website, I'll have to see if I can get a hold of them and ask if I can post them here. I am going to Bentonville, some of the 12th boys are falling in with a campaigner battalion under the ANV, I'll be with them. If you're interested let me know. They will be portraying a companies in a Tenn. battalion.

Back