Anyone else going to Gettysburg Remembrance Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I went in 2010 it was for the Lincoln speech at the cemetery. That was held on Nov 19th (unless that day was a Saturday too, I don't remember). I don't know about the parade though, I wasn't interested in it. Things might have changed since then, almost 10 years ago.

It's Dedication Day that's always on the 19th of November, the day Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg address, and that can be different days of the week--this year it's a Tuesday. There's another thread in the Events Wire section of this forum that explains the difference between the two events, since they're so close together, they're always getting confused. The Remembrance Day Parade is always on a Saturday, but that date moves around, too.

Last edited:
It's Dedication Day that's always on the 19th of November, the day Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg address, and that can be different days of the week--this year it's a Tuesday. There's another thread in the Events Wire section of this forum that explains the difference between the two events, since they're so close together, they're always getting confused. The Remembrance Day Parade is always on a Saturday, but that date moves around, too.

Thanks! That really clears things up.

Good day for the parade. You can watch the whole thing of the American Battlefield Trust Facebook page.

Maybe we can get some screen shots up here of some of our CWT members who participated. Let's start with this one:

Capture2.JPG

I was watching, saw a few people I know but only spotted the same above CWT member. I know there were a few in there somewhere.

Besides @Equestriangirl93 in the above picture, the other CWT members, being in uniform were hard to pick out. Perhaps, some of them can add their own pictures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back