Any suggestions about meeting in 2017?

As @War Horse who made a phantastic quartermaster last time, started a thread about a meeting at Chickamauga in 2018 (which makes me happy personally, because I will have a chance to attend), maybe we should shift our attention there:
http://civilwartalk.com/threads/chickamaunga-2018.131203/#post-1472297

In 2017 you will have the chance to meet and do an exclusive tour with @Eric Wittenberg about the retreat of the ANV, which certainly will be something very special.
Look here:
http://civilwartalk.com/threads/september-to-remember-2017-retreat-to-gettysburg.131201/

Thanks for posting this. I had not seen either thread.

1. Chickamauga Battlefield
2. Missionary Ridge
3. Lookout Mountain Battlefield (Battle Above the Clouds)
4. Orchard Knob
5. Signal Point
6. 'Cracker Line' Moccasin Bend https://www.nps.gov/chch/learn/historyculture/moccasin-bend-national-archeological-district.htm
7. Wauhatchie
8. Ringgold Gap
9. Tunnel Hill
10. Rossville Gap

Those are all I can think of off the top of my head. Do you know what the other 7 are? Bridgeport? Dalton?

Laura,

I couldn't find it on the NPS website but I remember there being something like 17 different locations within the Chattanooga/Ringold/ Chickamauga area itself. Example at Lookout Mountain there would be Point Park and Cravens House. Be sure to see the post above by farwayfriend, there is already an organized trip in the works.

I couldn't find it on the NPS website but I remember there being something like 17 different locations within the Chattanooga/Ringold/ Chickamauga area itself. Example at Lookout Mountain there would be Point Park and Cravens House.

Yes, those are two distinct areas of interest and both happened to play a role in the Battle of Lookout Mountain. I can see how you could get a total of 17.

I would always be ready to go back to Lookout Mountain and see the camp site of my ancestor's 30 Mississippi.
But don't go when the temperature is 34 degrees. On the 150th Anniversary date of the battle, I was wearing 4 or 5 layers of clothing.
LookoutMtn.jpg

I'm afraid my trip to Gettysburg in September was a once only kind of trip and for a number of reasons I won't be able to make such a trip again. All I can offer is to say that if anybody ever takes the chance to motor west and will be travelling on I-5 through Oregon and would like to take a little side trip or just need a clean restroom (hey @FarawayFriend) send me a PM and I'll do my best to display a little southern hospitality.

While my travel is usually limited to family events across the country, I can only attempt to emulate John Winn's courtesy and offer hospitality to any and all who find themselves in the Monterey area. Our Civil War history is admittedly limited, but we have some great Mexican War historical sites (Fremont's HQ is downtown) and are not far from other historical gems. We keep our bathroom clean and the beer cold, so please let me know if you wander to the West.
Adam

Back