1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

Any suggestions about meeting in 2017?

Discussion in 'The Civil War Traveler's Companion' started by major bill, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Karen Lips

Karen Lips 2nd Lieutenant

Why not Vicksburg?

Drew likes this.

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. Podad

Podad First Sergeant

Thanks for posting this. I had not seen either thread.

4. Podad

Podad First Sergeant

Laura,

I couldn't find it on the NPS website but I remember there being something like 17 different locations within the Chattanooga/Ringold/ Chickamauga area itself. Example at Lookout Mountain there would be Point Park and Cravens House. Be sure to see the post above by farwayfriend, there is already an organized trip in the works.

lelliott19 likes this.
  5. DixieRifles

DixieRifles 1st Lieutenant

Yes, those are two distinct areas of interest and both happened to play a role in the Battle of Lookout Mountain. I can see how you could get a total of 17.

I would always be ready to go back to Lookout Mountain and see the camp site of my ancestor's 30 Mississippi.
    But don't go when the temperature is 34 degrees. On the 150th Anniversary date of the battle, I was wearing 4 or 5 layers of clothing.
    LookoutMtn.jpg

6. amweiner

amweiner Sergeant Major Trivia Game Winner

While my travel is usually limited to family events across the country, I can only attempt to emulate John Winn's courtesy and offer hospitality to any and all who find themselves in the Monterey area. Our Civil War history is admittedly limited, but we have some great Mexican War historical sites (Fremont's HQ is downtown) and are not far from other historical gems. We keep our bathroom clean and the beer cold, so please let me know if you wander to the West.
    Adam

John Winn likes this.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)