Antietam Muster Side-Trip(s) - Thursday Early Arrivals

bdtex

Major General
★★ Sr. Moderator
Silver Patron
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018 Vicksburg 2019
If for some reason we were to finish up before 5 at Washington Mon. we *might* run up Alt. US 40 to Hagerstown and visit the Rose Hill Cemetery where a lot of the Confederate dead from Antietam were ultimately buried.
Rose Hill Cemetery is not officially on the unofficial itinerary?

James N.

Colonel
Forum Host
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Rose Hill Cemetery is not officially on the unofficial itinerary?
I wrote that and I'd purposefully left it variable, depending solely on when we finish up at Washington Monument State Park. South Mountain Inn opens at 5 PM for dinner, but if we finish around then and the majority don't mind travelling on to Boonsboro it's fine with me if we're a little later dining. It probably wouldn't take long at all to visit the cemetery - if I can find it quickly!

bdtex

Major General
★★ Sr. Moderator
Silver Patron
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018 Vicksburg 2019
I wrote that and I'd purposefully left it variable, depending solely on when we finish up at Washington Monument State Park. South Mountain Inn opens at 5 PM for dinner, but if we finish around then and the majority don't mind travelling on to Boonsboro it's fine with me if we're a little later dining. It probably wouldn't take long at all to visit the cemetery - if I can find it quickly!
I may go there Wednesday afternoon if I arrive early enough. One way or another, I'll visit it on this trip.

James N.

Colonel
Forum Host
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
This morning (9-21-21) I just received this follow-up E-mail response:

Hello Mr. Neel,

I still have your group on my calendar for October 7. The itinerary of meeting at Gathland State Park at 10:00 am, and then visiting Fox's Gap, Turner's Gap, and Washington Monument is still good. Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or changes. Otherwise, I look forward to meeting you on the 7th.

Steve

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.png
Steve Robertson
Park Ranger
South Mountain Recreation Area
Department of Natural Resources
21843 National Pike
Boonsboro, Maryland 21713
[email protected]
(301)791-4656
Website | Facebook | Twitter