lelliott19

Brigadier General
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
IT'S A WRAP FOLKS
Its hard to believe the 2021 CWT Antietam Sharpsburg muster has drawn to a close. Folks have headed their various ways and are making their way home. Some have already arrived at home.
20211011_083220.jpg

As usual the end of these CWT muster events makes you realize how much you enjoy learning; being together with a group of like-minded folks; and spending time on the battlefield.

You make friends with people. You correspond with them here at CWT and exchange Christmas cards. And you wait patiently until the next muster... when you'll be able to hike the battlefield with them again.
20211011_075255.jpg

The die hards who refuse to quit meet for breakfast at the hotel. Left to right @bdtex @Rick Featherston @Rocky18 @lelliott19 James N. @mkyzzzrdet

THANKS AGAIN to @NH Civil War Gal @Stone in the wall and James N. for investing their time and treasures to make this such a special event for everyone who attended

Last edited:
20211011_110909.jpg

We are headed out and stopped at Cedar Creek battlefield. If you've never visited before, I can't encourage you enough to make it a priority.
20211011_105653.jpg

@Diane123 @Gettmore @Seduzal @Package4 @Michael W. @Ole Miss have all of you made it home by now? @NH Civil War Gal @infomanpa @SJU @JFW22 have you guys made it home?

@PaulErrett @Stone in the wall @PBRegiment im assuming since yall are local you've made it home?

@DixieRifles is evidently still trying to make it home? @bdtex @Rick Featherston James N. @mkyzzzrdet were still at the hotel when we left. And @Kathy the history sleuth has a bunch more traveling to do before she arrives home.

Everyone please check in and let us know how your travels are progressing!

A few pics from our stop at the Cedar Creek Battlefield Foundation's visitors center
20211011_104217.jpg

20211011_104434.jpg

20211011_104735.jpg

20211011_104639.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 417557
We are headed out and stopped at Cedar Creek battlefield. If you've never visited before, I can't encourage you enough to make it a priority.
View attachment 417555

@Diane123 @Gettmore @Seduzal @Package4 @Michael W. @Ole Miss have all of you made it home by now? @NH Civil War Gal @infomanpa @SJU @JFW22 have you guys made it home?

@PaulErrett @Stone in the wall @PBRegiment im assuming since yall are local you've made it home?

@DixieRifles is evidently still trying to make it home? @bdtex @Rick Featherston James N. @mkyzzzrdet were still at the hotel when we left. And @Kathy the history sleuth has a bunch more traveling to do before she arrives home.

A few pics from our stop at the Cedar Creek Battlefield Foundation's visitors center
View attachment 417544
View attachment 417550
View attachment 417551
View attachment 417553
Yes made it home and when I have time will gather my thoughts about the Muster and share! Needless to say it was a phenomenal group of very knowledgeable and truly wonderful individuals. Thank you, Jody James N, Stone in the wall and a huge shoutout to Tina!

I will be at Cedar Creek next weekend for the reenactment, camping down by the creek in the campaigner area @captaindrew, come find us. We will be formed as a sharpshooters battalion, so two banders will be wild.

Again thanks to all for allowing me to be an interloper!

I had an absolute perfect time at this year's muster!! @Package4 it was wonderful to finally meet you in person and swap collecting stories! @Rick Featherston we had a nice romantic dinner just the two of us on the shoebox table at Alfredo's!! Enjoyed swapping nursing stories!! @lelliott19 always good to see you and @Diane123 again!! Awesome meeting your families!! It was another great experience, and I look forward to seeing you all again!! Other than getting a speeding ticket in Ohio by the Gestapo Highway Patrol, it was a great weekend!!

Yes made it home and when I have time will gather my thoughts about the Muster and share! Needless to say it was a phenomenal group of very knowledgeable and truly wonderful individuals. Thank you, Jody James N, Stone in the wall and a huge shoutout to Tina!

I will be at Cedar Creek next weekend for the reenactment, camping down by the creek in the campaigner area @captaindrew, come find us. We will be formed as a sharpshooters battalion, so two banders will be wild.

And a shout out to Mrs & Mr @JFW22 for dragging this carcass around the field on Saturday, thank you once again!

View attachment 417557
View attachment 417555

View attachment 417544
View attachment 417550
View attachment 417551
View attachment 417553
Thank you all for an awesome adventure, the planning the time it took to put this altogether. We very much enjoyed meeting old friends as well as new ones. Sorry that we had to leave so early And miss out on the rest of the tour. :furious: Left Sunday @4:30 - 5. Got home 9 hours later.
Safe travels to everyone going home! Till next year’s muster 2022. Be safe and have A Happy Holiday Season.

And a shout out to Mrs & Mr @JFW22 for dragging this carcass around the field on Saturday, thank you once again!
Jim (@JFW22) and Judy are awesome folks, aren’t they? It was great to meet you @Package4! Let @lelliott19 and I know when the next Gettysburg Civil War collector’s event is happening…you never know…we might show up!

Anna and I made it home about 1:30 a.m. this morning (10/11/2021). (Luckily I enjoy driving because Anna slept most of the way, and only a few musical artists had their work butchered by me singing along on the drive back! 😀) As usual, the muster was a great success! How could it not be when you have so many amazing people from such diverse areas gathered together for a common purpose? Thanks so much to all who gave of their time, talents, and treasures to make this event so enjoyable! I will be posting photos soon!

View attachment 417557
View attachment 417555

View attachment 417544
View attachment 417550
View attachment 417551
View attachment 417553
We should’ve put Anna on a plane and sent her home. I’m so jealous! 😂

I had an absolute perfect time at this year's muster!! @Package4 it was wonderful to finally meet you in person and swap collecting stories! @Rick Featherston we had a nice romantic dinner just the two of us on the shoebox table at Alfredo's!! Enjoyed swapping nursing stories!! @lelliott19 always good to see you and @Diane123 again!! Awesome meeting your families!! It was another great experience, and I look forward to seeing you all again!! Other than getting a speeding ticket in Ohio by the Gestapo Highway Patrol, it was a great weekend!!
Sorry you got nailed by the gestapo on the way back. It was great to see you again also! Looking forward to next year already!

Judy and I got back to VA Beach around 5:45 last night. We made it down into Harpers Ferry, but it was crazy busy, not parking was available in town, and had we gone up to the visitors center and done the bus rides, it would had gotten us back later than we were planning, so decided to make another trip back there before too long.

I want to thank everyone for making us feel so welcome to the group ( other than making us sit at the children's table for dinner🤣). The level of knowledge you all have and willing to share so willingly shows what amazing people you all are and we feel very fortunate to have spent sometime with all of you. We both enjoyed tremendously and can't wait for the next Muster.

If any of you ever find yourself in the Richmond/Hampton Roads area, I would love to get together and share some of our local flavor, visiting the Monitor/Merrimack museum, Ft. Monroe, Petersburg Battlefield, as well as all the history in the Richmond area.

Special thanks to Tina @NH Civil War Gal for taking the brunt of the organization of this Muster. Will be watching to make sure the rest of you all got home safely.

Safe travels,
- Jim

I certainly will @Package4 , which company will you be in? Thanks everyone who shared posts of this trip. One of these days I'll get to a muster. If last weekend wasn't bookended by reenactments I would've loved to go, just couldn't get away three weekends in a row.

Stop number two along the route was Southern Kitchen, New Market, Va. Its an old school diner with southern fried chicken and home made meringue pies. One of our favorite places to eat.

Now we are on the parade ground at VMI watching afternoon drill. We were certainly shocked and taken aback by the "New color" of the buildings.
20211011_161323.jpg

20211011_161825.jpg

The unusual color was the first thing we noticed. Wow!

Still at Lexington VA. Stonewall Cemetery the original Jackson family plot
20211011_165831.jpg

And the Jackson monument in the center
20211011_165934.jpg

And Colonel Gilham's grave exhibiting a newly refurbished and painted Southern Cross of Honor. Every SCH in the cemetery has been refurbished and repainted. @Viper21
20211011_165739.jpg

Here's the marquis on the street extolling the "NEW" name. "Stonewall Cemetery" is no longer on the sign. :nah disagree:
20211011_170714.jpg

Stop number two along the route was Southern Kitchen, New Market, Va. Its an old school diner with southern fried chicken and home made meringue pies. One of our favorite places to eat.

Now we are on the parade ground at VMI watching afternoon drill. We were certainly shocked and taken aback by the "New color" of the buildings.
View attachment 417672
View attachment 417677
The unusual color was the first thing we noticed. Wow!
And the conspicuous absence of the Jackson statue, were Matthew, Luke, Mark and John outside?

And the conspicuous absence of the Jackson statue, were Matthew, Luke, Mark and John outside?
Yes. I actually commented on the fact that the four cannon Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were still there.

I am alive and well...reading all the wonderful posts from my family room. Stopped at Gettysburg on my way home. It was really great meeting some of the people who I have "known" on this forum for years. Thanks for being so kind and warm. You guys are great! For those of your still touring on the road...have a safe trip.

Still at Lexington VA. Stonewall Cemetery the original Jackson family plot
View attachment 417752
And the Jackson monument in the center
View attachment 417753

And Colonel Gilham's grave exhibiting a newly refurbished and painted Southern Cross of Honor. Every SCH in the cemetery has been refurbished and repainted. @Viper21
View attachment 417757

Here's the marquis on the street extolling the "NEW" name. "Stonewall Cemetery" is no longer on the sign. :nah disagree:
View attachment 417759
Great photos from VMI

Back