Antietam 1862 'The Civil War's Bloodiest Day (Osprey Campaign Series)

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
What are forum members thoughts on the Osprey Campaign Series? This is the book for Antietam.
Antietam .jpg

They are fairly colorful and have color maps that are easy to understand. They also have a large amount of photos and and drawings. They usually have Orders of Battles. What they don't have is much details about the battle. I suppose they are useful for a quick reference. I do not purchase these at retail prices but have picked up some at used book stores. I was wondering what other forum members think of them? I like the Shiloh book better. There are books for most major Civil
War battles.
Shiloh.jpg

mofederal

Major
I have quite a few of them some new, some very old. I bought a lot of the uniform books. I find them pretty useful at times. Some of mine are used, and some are not. They have changed over the years, and have improved.

Kurt G

Sergeant Major
I have several as well . They are a good source to get a general knowledge of the battle for a beginner . Like mofederal I have a lot of the uniform books . When I started painting miniatures many years ago they were the only easy to get source for uniforms . Some of the early ones are not especially accurate.

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
I have a great many uniform books and military magazines that have illustrations of uniforms or articles about uniforms. I also have most, but not all, of the Military Collector & Historian 'the Journal of the Company of Military Historians as well as most of their Military Uniforms in America uniform plates (they now have over 1,000 uniforms plates).