Restricted Another What's the Big Fuss Thread...

lurid

First Sergeant
about Confederate memorials? I personally do not believe in tearing down historical monuments, statues or anything pertaining to history. Here's my take: People cannot erase history and imagine that it didn't exist, because that's moral relativism and not an exactly a healthy way to view life. Evidently some people think that Confederate monuments are a symbol of **** and should be eliminated from the American society. Whereas, a lot of southerners think the Confederate monuments should remain unharmed and they're a symbol of their heritage. Both parties have a moral relativism view on why or why not Confederate memorials should be left alone. I personally believe that if the south wants to celebrate their ancestors through memorials and other Confederate paraphernalia in the south, it's their business and nobody should meddle.

IMO, if there is a reason to tear down Confederate memorials it has to do with fighting against the USA, not ****. The **** theory is scanty and get's on my nerves. One of the reasons the north went to war was because they feared the spread of slavery into the north and out west, and to be quite frank, they just didn't want blacks living in their neighborhoods. However, I have a little problem with celebrating Confederates because they did fight against the USA. ****=no. Warring with the USA=yes. Therefore, I think all Confederate memorials and other things should be left alone but an excerpt should be placed on them telling the whole story.

Any takers? :smile: