Another Confederate camp hunt

Duane Pringle

Sergeant
Today's finds couldnt hardly dig ground frozen but can some one tell me what kind of brass hook we found at the bottom of pic in the center.
20180106_173135.jpg

Duane, can you prop your "hook" up at a different angle or two and provide some more photos? That would help.

Hey Patrick H do you think its a strap hook?

It is a sling hook and the gear piece is from a large pocket watch. And all I found today was a few bullets and a MVC button.
MVC.jpg
mvc-1.jpg
mvc-2.jpg

So I have dug 63 round musket balls in this one little camp erea most 69 but a few 58s.I have a question most of the 69s have little pressed in round spots on them I thought this might be were buck was with them but have not dug any buck in this camp. We have dug it on battle field. Posting 2 pics one showing 58 and 69 and another showing 69 up close with impressions.

So I have dug 63 round musket balls in this one little camp erea most 69 but a few 58s.I have a question most of the 69s have little pressed in round spots on them I thought this might be were buck was with them but have not dug any buck in this camp. We have dug it on battle field. Posting 2 pics one showing 58 and 69 and another showing 69 up close with impressions.
Many would segregate the buck from the ball and then utilize the buck as a large shotgun type round, look at it as hand held canister.

Back