Animated Photographs

No, but I will check it out.

Will you go to Zermatt and take a deep breath, inhaling the delicious smell for me?

My nephew has done it for members of our family past... It is cool but weird at the same time. Smiling, blinking and moving is strange when it is your dead grandad or something. Or your mom as a baby.

There are several on the board of various Civil War figures.

https://civilwartalk.com/threads/general-george-meade-animated.183090/

I've done it through My Heritage with mixed results. The software didn't recognize the faces on some of the smaller images I tried to upload, and it kind of tried to "prettify" my Italian Nona, who was a tough looking, swarthy, not traditionally attractive woman, so the animated version, which made her look lighter skinned and less heavy, didn't really look like her. Surprisingly, the one I had the best results with was a charcoal drawing of my great grandfather - not a photo at all.

One piece of advice - don't try to animate a picture of someone you knew looking the way that they did when you knew them. It's a bit less creepy if you see them as they looked before you knew them.

Oh, and I wasn't thrilled with the results of the free trial, so I didn't take out a subscription, and a week or so later, I got an email letting me animate 5 more photos.

Back