Andrew Jackson Daniel Company F, 61st North Carolina.

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Expired Image Removed

Born in Greene County and was by occupation a farmer prior to enlisting in Wayne County at age 20, May 16, 1862, for the war. Mustered in as a Private. Reported present from November, 1862, until June 25, 1863, when he was detailed as an orderly. Promoted to Corporal on July 16, 1863. Wounded in the hand at Morris Island, Charleston Harbor, South Carolina, August 26, 1863. Furloughed from hospital at Charleston on September 19, 1863. Returned to duty in November-December, 1863. Reported present through April 30, 1864. Retired to the Invalid Corps on July 22, 1864, presumably by reason of wounds received at Morris Island.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
Nice photograph! My wife is a native of Wayne County, North Carolina where this man enlisted
to join the Confederate army. I have some after war photographs of some of my Civil War ancestors
but I would give the mint to see them in uniform. I am very distant kin to Jesse Sharpe Barnes
of the 4th North Carolina whose photograph seems to be one of the more popular ones online
these days.

Last edited:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)