Anchuca Mansion and B&B in Vicksburg, MS

Anchuca is one of the best kept secrets in Vicksburg.
I've stayed there more than a few times.

The restaurant is magnificent!

I'm not going to comment much, but many say the home is haunted.

From what I've seen "first hand" . . . I'm not going to argue.
My brother and his wife have stayed there on several occasions and swear they heard whistling in their room one night. So they would agree wholeheartedly with you. Unfortunately, I didn’t hear or see anything. I was so tired after the 5k, a whole herd of angry ghosts could have slapped me in my face repeatedly and I would have never known!!!

My brother and his wife have stayed there on several occasions and swear they heard whistling in their room one night. So they would agree wholeheartedly with you. Unfortunately, I didn’t hear or see anything. I was so tired after the 5k, a whole herd of angry ghosts could have slapped me in my face repeatedly and I would have never known!!!
LOL.

I can't say I've heard any strange whistling . . . but I also won't say anything about a golf ball bouncing UP the staircase.

Hey . . . I know nothing about physics, so it could have been anything.

:eek:

Below are pictures of some of the relics in the house:

E5FF86A5-31F0-47D2-83B5-FADB3AB12DE3.jpeg
D9701646-E5E1-424A-A05D-7E7A52907F6F.jpeg

Above: Mulane projectile with Tennessee Sabot.

5C72C587-C2EC-4302-9593-9C65C3D6CFA2.jpeg
B28EC941-B1D0-4AB0-8FE1-043CAD233009.jpeg

LOL.

I can't say I've heard any strange whistling . . . but I also won't say anything about a golf ball bouncing UP the staircase.

Hey . . . I know nothing about physics, so it could have been anything.

:eek:

Ok, that's just like eating one potato chip. Like Lay's said, you can't. UP the stairs? There's a ghost with a sense of humor.

Thanks, 7th. Still waiting on you to spill the beans about the golf ball that denied physics at Anchuca. Don’t leave us hanging!!
Ok, that's just like eating one potato chip. Like Lay's said, you can't. UP the stairs? There's a ghost with a sense of humor.

Hah !

I'm glad this thread was resurrected in another thread.
I honestly thought I had answered it last year. Guess I didn't.

I know what I saw.
(And I had a witness with me that saw it as well)

A golf ball bounced half way down the stairs, stopped . . . bounced back up the stairs for about three steps, and then continued to roll/bounce down to the floor.

I'm only reluctantly relating what I saw.
I saw nothing else unusual that weekend, and overall had a wonderful time at Anchuca.

But I do remember a few months later, a local news team spent the night to "investigate" all of the reports.
Two of these four reported the same golf ball thing.

It makes no sense, and for all I know it might be some kind of secret special effect to keep attention on the B & B.

:bounce:

Last edited:
Hah !

I'm glad this this thread was resurrected in another thread.
I honestly thought I had answered it last year. Guess I didn't.

I know what I saw.
(And I had witness with me that saw it as well)

A golf ball bounced half way down the stairs, stopped . . . bounced back up the stairs for about three steps, and then continued to roll/bounce down to the floor.

I'm only reluctantly relating what I saw.
I saw nothing else unusual that weekend, and overall had a wonderful time at Anchuca.

But I do remember a few months later, a local news team spent the night to "investigate" all of the reports.
Two of these four reported the same golf ball thing.

It makes no sense, and for all I know it might be some kind of secret special effect to keep attention on the B & B.

:bounce:

That’s wild! We are planning on staying there in July for the annual night run in Vicksburg again (if it’s not cancelled because of Coronavirus). I’ll have to keep an eye out - May have to take my own golf ball and see if I can replicate!!:bounce:

So, we went back for the annual night run in Vicksburg in late June of this year and stayed at Anchuca again - this time for two nights. I’m just now getting around to posting pictures.

My wife and I stayed in the servant quarters attached to the main house:

A0EC50B7-6634-404D-93FC-0DFDEDC2F47A.jpeg

(View from outside our room.)

E4AAAE3E-8362-43E7-AC15-B42C1DBF3CEF.jpeg

(View of our room)

My brother and his wife stayed in the main house where the rooms are much larger and furnished with period artifacts. Very neat indeed:

ADF88BE9-3420-4284-B6C4-B360A404E456.jpeg

(My brother and his wife’s room in the main house.)

As if 2020 could not get weirder, the massive dust clouds from Africa finally made its way to Mississippi the day we arrived. Knowing that all the other events of 2020 would overshadow this (and because of that, knowing we would likely forget about the event as the years roll on) I took this picture out our window. The dust had just rolled over the Mississippi River (in the far tree lines) and settled over Vicksburg.

DAEA7B6F-DE18-48CE-B4A1-44353E5D5188.jpeg

On Friday night we were able to eat at the restaurant located in the main house. It was absolutely wonderful!

I got the filet with shrimp and grits and my wife just got the shrimp and grits:

4B76A2F0-C9F1-4BA0-8743-27CF92115414.jpeg
991FEDAA-4283-4D54-B079-2543A8ABF98E.jpeg

Of course, 2020 could not be better explained than wearing masks to a 5k run. The organizers did a great job. Groups of ten started the race, 30 seconds apart. There were about 150 folks there. Once you started and got moving on the rout and got separation, you could take your mask off. It started at 8:00 that night - still hot and humid.

D1DAD399-3040-454F-BA0A-FE1FDCE1B0C6.jpeg

(My wife and me just before the race started. Somehow, I managed to come in third place in my age category. I still think they made a mistake. Nevertheless, I got my medal and skedaddled before they had a chance to recalculate the times - lol!!).

Back