Ancestry problems ?

John Winn

Lt. Colonel
Has anybody been using Ancestry in the last couple of days ? If so, have you experienced hang-ups with the program ? I'm wondering if I have some local problem or if Ancestry is. My computer guy is coming over for something else so it would be useful to know if the problem is on my end.

Things just don't load or take a very long time. Sometimes if I hit refresh the page will finally come up but not always. Very frustrating.

I've occasionally had that problem. It seems to come in spurts. I'll go for a while with no problem, then the screen will freeze when I try to accept a record. I usually have to close and restart to resolve it which is frustrating if I'm on a roll.

Has anybody been using Ancestry in the last couple of days ? If so, have you experienced hang-ups with the program ? I'm wondering if I have some local problem or if Ancestry is. My computer guy is coming over for something else so it would be useful to know if the problem is on my end.

Things just don't load or take a very long time. Sometimes if I hit refresh the page will finally come up but not always. Very frustrating.
The other morning it was flaky for several hours... No hints, or it would show hints and when you clicked on them nothing would be there, and a lot of "this is not available, try again," messages. It's been fine today for me.

Are you only referring to on-line program?

My genie friend said they are working on new software to use off-line --to replace Family Tree maker. I font understand but he says the new software doesnt synch with Ancestry site. Sounds like it is all screwed up.

Back