"An Army Has Its Whims.... All The Dogs Of Christiandom", More Fuzzy-Chinned Stories From Camp

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
march 5 dog 1 2 3 petersburg.JPG

Using this Dog-A-Palooza from Petersburg, the QM Dept, 9th Corp, 1st Division- beyond the Walt Whitman lookalike the image is is packed with puppies.
march 5 dog 1 petersburg.JPG

We've inserted every, single ' Dog in Camp ' image in @LoyaltyOfDogs wonderful thread , using one I already posted there for this. It's notable through history how frequently, when things look awful we turn to fuzzy comfort. Report after report how dog adoptions have gone up these past months. There's a reason for that- and probably a reason soldiers liked having them in camp. What's a dog if not the therapist that always listens, never sends you a bill and smiles when no one else feels there's a reason?

So we need a good a doggie story. May have used this but can't find it ( and please don't tell me if it's already here somewhere.... ) That these images are from Petersburg and the story is inclusive of Petersburg makes you wonder if we're seeing anyone the author knows....

dg1 - Copy.JPG
dg2 - Copy.JPG

march 5 dog 2 petersburg.JPG

That's a happy dog.

dg3 - Copy.JPG
dg4 - Copy.JPG

march 5 dog 3 petersburg.JPG

You can look as tough as you like- we can tell you're a big softy by that puddle of love in your lap.

dg5 - Copy.JPG
dg6 - Copy.JPG

dg7.JPG

It's the week end. Why not hug a dog or a bunch of them even if they're 150 years old?

View attachment 363135
Using this Dog-A-Palooza from Petersburg, the QM Dept, 9th Corp, 1st Division- beyond the Walt Whitman lookalike the image is is packed with puppies.
View attachment 363136

We've inserted every, single ' Dog in Camp ' image in @LoyaltyOfDogs wonderful thread , using one I already posted there for this. It's notable through history how frequently, when things look awful we turn to fuzzy comfort. Report after report how dog adoptions have gone up these past months. There's a reason for that- and probably a reason soldiers liked having them in camp. What's a dog if not the therapist that always listens, never sends you a bill and smiles when no one else feels there's a reason?

So we need a good a doggie story. May have used this but can't find it ( and please don't tell me if it's already here somewhere.... ) That these images are from Petersburg and the story is inclusive of Petersburg makes you wonder if we're seeing anyone the author knows....

View attachment 363124View attachment 363125
View attachment 363137
That's a happy dog.

View attachment 363126View attachment 363127
View attachment 363138
You can look as tough as you like- we can tell you're a big softy by that puddle of love in your lap.

View attachment 363128View attachment 363129

View attachment 363130
It's the week end. Why not hug a dog or a bunch of them even if they're 150 years old?
I have never seen a picture of a soldier holding a cat, Would you have any?Units have taken dogs as mascots but not a cat.

Back