"American Hauntings" Podcast

I'm posting this here because I don't know if people who aren't into ghost stories will be interested in this. However, I understand if this gets moved to another forum with all of the other podcasts.

Anyway, I recommend a podcast titled American Hauntings Podcast. The entire first season is about Alton, Illinois and the entire second season is about St. Louis, Missouri. I learned new things about the Civil War and about American history by listening to the first 2 seasons. For instance, I learned about Alton's Civil War - era prison. I learned about the fate of abolitionist Elijah Lovejoy and about the destruction of his four printing presses. Lovejoy was buried in an unmarked grave for years in Alton.

I wish that Season #2, about St. Louis, had spent a little bit more time discussing the Civil War. However, I learned about the role that St. Louis' beer industry played in the Civil War.

I posted a link to the podcast's website. However, I personally download this podcast through iTunes.

The hosts are Troy Taylor and Cody Beck.

Despite the word "hauntings" in the title, the two hosts actually do a really good job teaching listeners about historical events and historical figures. I think that one of the hosts (Troy Taylor) makes his living selling books (and, to a lesser extent, I think, ghost tours and "ghost encounters") and I think that this host agreed to do the podcast in order to promote his books.

One note: In the first season, the audio started out acceptable in the first few episodes. The audio quality declined partway through the first season. People complained about the audio quality on iTunes reviews. Then, the audio improved again at the end of Season #1. The audio is good for Season #2.

Season #3 isn't actually about the Civil War OR about ghosts. Season #3, sub-titled "Murdered in their Beds," is about the string of ax murders that occurred in the Midwest in the last part of the 1800's.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!