AMERICAN BEAUTIES AMBROTYPE [asking to color for me]

Just asking if there is anyone that is willing to colorize this beautiful ambrotype that I own. Thank you .

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZHJFEFCcCpy+8PBQn)o!ZcQw~~60_57 (2).jpg
    $(KGrHqZHJFEFCcCpy+8PBQn)o!ZcQw~~60_57 (2).jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 341
Nice photo! Made me ponder at what time in American history did women start wearing eye make-up?

Wow thank you for the response. But I would rather not scan it like Wilber6150 said. This photo is so lovely colorizing it would make it come to life, thank you again Zuzah if you are willing to do it.

Wow thank you for the response. But I would rather not scan it like Wilber6150 said. This photo is so lovely colorizing it would make it come to life, thank you again Zuzah if you are willing to do it.
I'll have it done in about 20 minutes. Any specific colors you'd like?

Gee thats great ummm no not really on the colors but, the girl on the left has blue eyes.
Yeah, that's quite easy to tell. When they're clear like that it's either blue or green, and green is rare. Not to say it couldn't be brown with light shining on it, but still

Thank you Zuzah it's 10 thirty and I am tired and have to go to work early tomorrow so I will check with you again tomorrow .

Anyone else noticing that both appear to have considerably stained hands? I'm assuming they had washed their hands and otherwise attempted to look their best. So I wonder what they had been handling that caused the dark stains in the creases, etc. Reminds me of my hands after various projects, including collecting black walnuts and removing the husks.

Judging by the prominent trapezium muscles of the otherwise slender framed lady on the left, she carries water (or milk) buckets in each hand frequently and daily. While the lady on the right is more covered, I detect some of the same musculature.

Perhaps I'm completely wrong about both of these things.

Anyone else noticing that both appear to have considerably stained hands? I'm assuming they had washed their hands and otherwise attempted to look their best. So I wonder what they had been handling that caused the dark stains in the creases, etc.

One thing to consider is that reds photographed oddly in wetplate, so the stains we see may not have been as visible in real life and might be a more natural-looking variation in skin color. For example, in the image below, the upper half was taken by a modern photographer using a period wetplate process, while the lower image shows the same thing in color. Note the difference between the "magenta" and "primary red" (bottom row toward the right). What looks like two similar shades of red in color looks pale gray and very dark in wetplate.

CollodionColorTestimage.jpg

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU SO MUCH ZUZAH. THAT IS SO GREAT I JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK AND GOT ON MY LABTOP TO SEE MY PICTURE AND IT IS SO LOVELY. IS THAT A PROGRAM THAT YOU HAVE TO COLORIZE OLD PHOTOS? I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT. IF YOU DON'T MIND DOING ANOTHER ONE OF MY GGRANDFATHER AND GRANDFATHER TOGATHER BACK IN 1912. AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH , DENNIS/

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU SO MUCH ZUZAH. THAT IS SO GREAT I JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK AND GOT ON MY LABTOP TO SEE MY PICTURE AND IT IS SO LOVELY. IS THAT A PROGRAM THAT YOU HAVE TO COLORIZE OLD PHOTOS? I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT. IF YOU DON'T MIND DOING ANOTHER ONE OF MY GGRANDFATHER AND GRANDFATHER TOGATHER BACK IN 1912. AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH , DENNIS/
PM me the image, I prefer a scanned version, because that looks the best, but uploading it with a high megapixel camera to minus.com/imgur.com is just fine and dandy. Always happy to help man.

The program is Photoshop. The cheapest version you can get is Adobe Elements (I believe, the one Wilber uses), which is $80.

great job!:hug:
Thank you kindly.

Back