American Battlefield Trust -- Park Day 2021 at Mount Moriah Cemetery
Our 10th Anniversary Park Day will be held on SATURDAY, APRIL 10, 2021, starting at 10 AM. Rain date will be Saturday, April 17.
Registration will be adjacent to Section 200 -- Civil War Soldiers' Rest National Cemetery Plot. Parking will be along the main road up to Section 200, Philadelphia side, accessible via the Cemetery's 6201 Kingsessing Avenue gate.
Volunteers will be clearing Civil War era graves on the Philadelphia Side and/or assisting our grounds crew with general clean up activities.
If you have a Civil War ancestor's grave (or a veteran's grave of any other conflict that took place on American soil) provide us with their name and plot information -- within the next 3 weeks so that we can locate them and determine if they are suitable for volunteer cleanup. We will get to as many of these requests as the number of available volunteers and time permits.
Different this year will be Pandemic Mitigation procedures required by the American Battlefield Trust as follows:
1. If you have experienced any of the following symptoms in the two weeks prior to your Park Day event; fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, do not participate as a Park Day volunteer.
2. Maintain 6 feet of social distance between site organizers, and other volunteers, unless part of a household unit.
3. Wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose.
4. Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
5. Do not share equipment (i.e. rakes, shovels, paint brushes, etc...).
Please remember to bring your own face mask and work gloves on event day.
At Registration, there will be the usual ABT sign in sheets and ABT volunteer liability waiver sheets requiring your signature. Each volunteer will PRINT their full name, their phone number and email address. This information will be used to notify all volunteers in the event anyone reports COVID-19 exposure.
Watch our Face Book and web page prior to Park Day for any changes in or cancelation of the event. We will be providing further updates on Park Day as we get closer to event day.
We will be photographing Park Day activities for posting on our Face Book page and the ABT's Park Day 2021 social media.